Local Warehouse - Removes Star Wars from Shelf

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Local Warehouse - Removes Star Wars from Shelf

Post by AaroKin »

I've had to come to terms with the fact that around my part of NZ the days are gone when I walked into a store and found a heap of SW stuff I 'needed' the range has gotten smaller and smaller and is mainly made up of items that have been on the shelf for months.

I used to have to rush to get certain figures on the day they were released but now I can wait weeks and still get the majority of figures I'm after. Even the new wave of Vintage Collection figures failed to sell in my local Warehouse.

Trade Me has become more of a 'go-to' for me.....lately I've picked up so many cool things and usually for a great price. I really hope Episode IX can re-energize the sales but I think I might be asking a bit to much.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Re: Local Warehouse - Removes Star Wars from Shelf

Post by Dawfydd »

I suspect depending if hasbro wake up and restart the TCW line interest may peak during the season they are finally making leading up to the end of the war.

I can't think of any current star wars movie or show that fans are excited for Besides the clone wars.
I am not sure it'll generate enough interest to re-energize the brand because many EU fans loathe TCW because of changes made to the timeline but personally i'd love to see the final outfits of many characters produced and more Mandalorians, i think if hasbro could stop being so mentally challenged and produce army building packs centered around stormtroopers and Mandalorians they'd get a good number of sales based on the same mold most pre Disney "Variants" were a simple recolour of one mold into something else, we saw Shadow troopers, Stormtrooper commanders, Incinerator troopers, (Disney park jet troopers or jetpack?) another option would be Red stormtrooper armour for Royal guards, and Sandtrooper/Minban? Troopers are just stormtroopers with dirt and sometimes extra bits.

Clone troopers vary even more greatly with many just being a matter of colouring but just a couple of items with a different colouring makes another type, and Mandalorians you might want 4-5 body types the female released in the Entertainment earth as one, and a better female one would be ideal.. but they'd sell very quickly and there are a bunch of clans colourings you could do.
Just imagine a 5 pack one of each "body type" (or 4 pack) 2-3 male 2 female all in for example Deathwatch colours, then another exact pack but coloured for house Ren, or whatever.

You couldn't keep these on shelves, i almost think Hasbro should work with hobby stores to do packs like this, buy a 10 pack of clone troopers you can buy em from any retailer, HOWEVER if you go to your local hobby store who also has these in stock you can pay *X* extra and have them follow instructions by hasbro to paint them into legion colours.
I am just very unsure how that would work, if the paint would stay on.. etc.. it might be better just releasing them themselves.

I do also think rather than vehicles for the first wave of new movie/series releases they should focus on all the main cast and throw them into a multipack about the price of a vehicle one for baddies one for good guys, or split into four if the cast is too large.. use the singles to top up the popular characters in a couple of months based on resale prices on ebay for people who break apart and sell the figures loose.

But i just have crazy ideas.

Something i would recommend is looking into the model building aspect some of the Bandai and other brand kits are really newbie friendly i have had trouble with Bandai X-wings being "White" and really requiring some paint of which i can't do right now, i've also had plenty that are the price of black series figures and really great.. and being close to Asia we can get them fairly cheap off ebay sometimes. (and even trademe in rarer cases)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)