Not sure where to put this. But regarding Walmart exclusives

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Not sure where to put this. But regarding Walmart exclusives

Post by Dawfydd »

----- Email from hasbro. -------

Unfortunately we do not always have the final decision in what is released in New Zealand.

The rebels vehicles are old items which we did not bring to NZ.

We are not bringing in the 3.75” figures to Australia or New Zealand due to lack of retailer support i.e. companies like The Warehouse & Farmers need to want to sell the product and if they do not wish to sell them then we are unable to force them.

We are always happy to pass on collector feedback such as yours to the retailers but the final decision is theirs.

New Zealand is a small market and therefore is unable to cater for every wave of figures & vehicles that is released although we do try hard to ensure our collectors are catered for.

We are sorry we are unable to assist further.

Kind Regards

Lynn Sansum | Customer Care Representative | Hasbro New Zealand (A branch of Hasbro Australia) | 221 Albany Highway, Auckland, New Zealand | tel +649 915 5232 | fax +649 915 5212 | lynn.sansum@ap.hasbro.com

Looks like we wont be finding any of the walmart exclusives inside new zealand and why, Hasbro are passing the buck onto the warehouse/etc!
Funny how the 6 inch series seems to find its way here without fail, same goes for the cheaper 3.75
But it may mean more of the saga figures will start to not reach us.

Does this mean us and other Nz collectors would want to get something going to have those companies contact Hasbro on our behalf? (a petition or something)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Re: Not sure where to put this. But regarding Walmart exclusives

Post by Dawfydd »

My previous email for reference (3 of 4 it was in reply to which figures i was claiming we didn't get.);-
Vehicles from the rebels wave that haven't been in stores are follows ;
http://www.rebelscum.com/Rebels-Vehicle ... huttle.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/Rebels-Vehicle ... totype.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/Rebels-Vehicle ... se-Pod.asp

Exclusive black series 3.75 inch figures are ;

Darth Vader
Finn (Jakku)
First Order Stormtrooper
Han Solo
Kylo Ren
Luke Skywalker
Poe Dameron
Princess Leia Organa
Rey (Jakku)

detailed pictures of them can be found here ; http://www.rebelscum.com/the-black-series-figures.asp
at the bottom of the listing.
The Walmart figures are going for $50 NZD per one at the cheapest for New Zealanders to get them, unless they have friends who are willing to hunt around their local stores in America.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Thanks for sharing, D. It would have been nice to have a local opportunity to buy these, so thanks for asking. :(

This segment of collecting has fallen in the uncomfortable no man's land between low articulation mass market 3.75" and collector-targeted 6" inch. It costs almost as much as 6" to make but you can't sell it for much more than 5POA 3.75". For that reason I am surprised Hasbro is even still doing them. I love 'em, and given the choice I'd buy them over 5POA, but without retail support from a big chain here in NZ, it was always a bit of a dream to imagine we'd see them in NZ. Most exclusives never make it here.

I hope you have been able to make arrangements to get some for yourself. My US-based buddies struggle to find them even with boots on the ground where these things are supposed to retail. I was lucky to get the few I managed to secure, but they are beautiful figures.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I have no option other than buying off the people re-selling for high prices, its a shame really i would be willing to spend a little extra for them but not $50 a figure.

I'm still in the process of hearing back from the shops, Mightyape promises a future of attempts to bring exclusive stuff in, Thewarehouse got back to me to say that person understands as a collector himself how shitty the situation is and my message has been passed along to their toy department, But hopefully Farmers and Toyworld get back to me sometime this week.

I'm just going to stay on this issue, while I've likely missed the chance to buy the current exclusive wave from our stores (and almost everywhere else, Walmart wont even ship to NZ as I've also contacted them.)
But i hope i can rattle a couple of cages so up and coming products wont pass us by, But until i hear back i will not know if i need to take it a step further of starting something for people to sign and share opinions on or if one of the current companies is just unaware they could ask and receive exclusive stuff from Hasbro.

I really can't understand the mindset of any retailer who think being passed over for items they could sell and have a high second hand market cost isn't a really good idea to stock, even if our trademe scalpers get their hands on most the goods, they'd still sell the goods and it'd lower the global price of the items having more around.

But i have great trouble thinking Hasbro look at exclusives and think "oh nobody in New Zealand would want those, its not like we sell them everything else"

Though i am kind of surprised i seem to be the only one fairly annoyed and upset with this move to shelve the main production line of Star wars figures and bring in cheaper or larger figures that don't fit into established collections.

Unless i get very lucky i imagine i wont own anything from the force awakens, Which thinking upon maybe somebody else i should contact about this is Disney.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Dude, way to pursue the case. That's awesome! Thanks on all our behalf. :)

You're not the only one. I've had to resort to pulling in favours from all over the USA just to get the three WM figures I own, and I paid a silly amount in shipping per figure as a result of doing it that way, but like you said, what are the options at this point? :(
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I was hoping Walmart might sell entire cases to me which would reduce shipping in theory but yeah it was a no go.
So unless we get them from Ebay or from somebody in the states we can't get them.

i think given a couple a years the stormtroopers maybe Kyle if he ends up looking the same in the next 2 movies, and Phasma will reduce in price because they'll be released each time a movie they come in goes to the movies But that option comes with a 3-5 year wait?

And those figures who have different outfits like main characters and side characters will be much harder to find and more costly.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Just a thought. Have you looked into a YouShop option? I have not used them before but I understand some here take advantage of that service. Walmart.com just refreshed their stock, apparently.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Thanks i did have a quick look prices might be okay but i'd have to do a try to see oh which i can't think week due to limited money lol
Hopefully they keep restocking for the weeks/months to come.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Just a thought. Have you looked into a YouShop option? I have not used them before but I understand some here take advantage of that service. Walmart.com just refreshed their stock, apparently.
Dawfydd wrote:Thanks i did have a quick look prices might be okay but i'd have to do a try to see oh which i can't think week due to limited money lol
Hopefully they keep restocking for the weeks/months to come.
My partner uses YouShop often, and it seems to work pretty well. The prices are roughly equivalent / slightly cheaper than what it'd cost to send the same stuff yourself from the US.

The best feature is that you can have several parcels from different sources sent to YouShop, and combined into a single international delivery. That really lets you save some serious coin. I hope it works out Dawfydd!
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Archon Revuge wrote:The best feature is that you can have several parcels from different sources sent to YouShop, and combined into a single international delivery. That really lets you save some serious coin. I hope it works out Dawfydd!
I can attest to the value of that. I have a buddy who essentially provides the same service for me. I have saved hundreds that way.