3.75 blasters, sabres, vibroweapons etc...

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

3.75 blasters, sabres, vibroweapons etc...

Post by kyloren »

Just wondering how you all feel about the character's weapons.

I went through a phase of not keeping the guns (I'm a pacifist at heart, haha). Now I make sure that each character has their appropriate weapon, but holstered if possible.

The thing is, some weapons are just ridiculous, like Momaw's (Hammerhead) gi-normous... thing.

Also, it looks weird if every character has their weapon at hand. The Cantina looks like a massive Mexican stand-off!

At one point (characters that came with the dice game, I believe), characters came with BAGS of assorted weapons! I never knew what to do with them.

So... how do you feel about weapons? Do you make sure that Luke Skywalker has the *right* lightsabre for each figure? (my weapons have been mixed up so many times it's hard to be sure which weapon is for which edition) Or, are you not really too bothered about it?

Replies/comments appreciated. Thanks. -K-Lo.
Attachments
ham.jpg
ham.jpg (7.16 KiB) Viewed 7705 times
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.75 blasters, sabres, vibroweapons etc...

Post by MattG »

Personally, although I keep and store all accessories, I tend to only display them with appropriate weapons, not the additional ones thrown in for "play value". Momaw Nadon is a key example, as he was defined as a pacifist in a number of EU sources, so his giant double-barreled blaster never made any real sense. But then, a lot of the POTF2 figures came with oversized/out-of-scale weapons...I always thought the POTF2 TIE Pilot in particular was over-armed for the role they played.
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

Haha, I see what you mean.

To quote Wedge Antilles: "Look at the size of that thing!!"
Attachments
742146_150215103353_Star_Wars_3_3-4inch_POTF2_Tie_Pilot_-_WorldofCollectibles_01.jpg
742146_150215103353_Star_Wars_3_3-4inch_POTF2_Tie_Pilot_-_WorldofCollectibles_01.jpg (66.67 KiB) Viewed 7700 times
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I keep them with guns/sabers they had in the media or in cases where hasbro got it wrong their weapons they came with in the case of jedi/sith.
I like to weapon up figures with whatever i feel is suitable, i mix up the stormtrooper weapons 2/10th with heavy weapons, and scout troopers with a mix of rifles and side arms in holsters(i'd like a squad with the dlt's but only have 2)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
musick007
Cadet
Cadet

Post by musick007 »

Try to keep all the stuff from the figure. Most of the stuff is packed away with all the weapons loose, so it will be a mission come time to display again.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

Dawfydd wrote:I keep them with guns/sabers they had in the media or in cases where hasbro got it wrong their weapons they came with in the case of jedi/sith.
I like to weapon up figures with whatever i feel is suitable, i mix up the stormtrooper weapons 2/10th with heavy weapons, and scout troopers with a mix of rifles and side arms in holsters(i'd like a squad with the dlt's but only have 2)
I am the same, I mix it all up, lost track of whos lightsabers is whos now
even mix in a few other brands guns as well if they look good
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I came across a nice mp4? i think, with a long stock which looked good for a while but since i only had one (from a bulk auction) but i do nit-pick as far as lightsabers go, unless a figure comes without one, like grevious i've given him many that didn't come with him, Leia from inifities didn't come with one, so she got a token luke/anakin blue, and some other loose jedi who didn't come with theirs, Opress is the same, the figure which comes with his double bladed lightsaber is $40+ off ebay where i've got two of him without for $20 a piece now, so i gave one mauls spare.

I also gave Malgus a half ignited double blade, as seen in the cinematic video (though his figure can't really do a decent pose its abit clunky)

I also gave pre-visla obiwans lightsaber.. shortly after i removed his head and replaced it with obiwans :D for which time i repaint him redy (as seen in clone wars)

I really like the clone wars (and saga) rifle with sight and cord, its slightly smaller than the dc-15s but i've never seen them in clones hands.. they really fit biker scouts, and hk-50's.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (201.09 KiB) Viewed 7678 times
(as right of attached, really don't like the gun they included which i don't think was in either game)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
mirthdefect
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mirthdefect »

Anyone had any success with 3D printing custom/replacement weapons? I'm looking at buying random bits and pieces to make a cantina set, but obviously loose characters tend not to come with their accessories. I was also thinking about the possibility of lightsaber handles (without blades).

The print quality/resolution immediately springs to mind as a problem, but if I had a piece to make a 2-part cast from I wouldn't need to make a reproduction.