The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Post by Reverend Strone »

A Case breakdown of the first wave of 3-packs was most helpfully posted over in the Rebelscum forum. Here is is with the ships in each set included for ease of reference ...

1 x Speeder Chase: Rey's Jakku Speeder, FO Assault Craft, Finn's Jakku Speeder
2 x The First Order Attacks: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, Luggabeast, T-70 X-Wing
1 x Battle of Hoth: AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Probe Droid
2 x First Order Tie Fighter Attack: FO TIE Fighter, Millenium Falcon, Crashed Special Forces FO TIE Fighter
1 x Forest Battle: AT-ST, Imperial Scout on Speederbike, Luke on Speederbike
1 x Clone Army Raid: Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, Republic Gunship, Jango's Slave 1
2 x Desert Invasion: Special Forces FO TIE Fighter, Poe's T-70 X-Wing, FO Star Destroyer
1 x Imperial Pursuit: Tantive IV, Imperial Star Destroyer, Imperial TIE Fighter
1 x The Inquisitor's Hunt: Ghost, Phantom, Inquisitor's TIE Advanced

Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Awesome! Thanks Strone. Good to know which packs will be in slightly shorter supply.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

So, talk about short supply. Did anyone find any Micro Machines or did NZ get completely left in the cold on this range? I read that you saw blind bags at TW, Arc. That's more than we saw at the Warehouse. Has anyone come across the 3-packs or bigger sets?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:So, talk about short supply. Did anyone find any Micro Machines or did NZ get completely left in the cold on this range? I read that you saw blind bags at TW, Arc. That's more than we saw at the Warehouse. Has anyone come across the 3-packs or bigger sets?
That's right Strone. $4.99 each. I had a fumble through the bags, and there only seemed to be X-Wings and TIEs, so it doesn't even look like the full case was out on display. I can confirm that neither The Warehouse or Farmers in Wellington CBD are stocking the MMs. I spoke to the staff at Farmers, and they said they were very much in the dark about what would be available and when - and that the current range was all they'd been sent at this stage.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Thanks mate. Sounds like we'll be sourcing this range from overseas. How disappointing.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:Thanks mate. Sounds like we'll be sourcing this range from overseas. How disappointing.
I'm thinking we might need a brainstorming thread where we can work out all the products, with SKUs or formal descriptions, that we know exist but haven't seen, and I'll send it to Hasbro/Toyworld to see if it is expected in any upcoming releases. I know there is product they will have shortly that isn't in NZ yet (e.g., FX lightsabers).
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

At the rate we are being jibbed out of releases getting to new zealand it might be time to start a group who orders in waves and vehicles from the states in bulk?
I could see it working with one of the better known founders people putting money forward for said items ahead of time, and if shipping/cost works out cheaper either a discount on next order or refund of that amount, enabling somebody here to become a make shift starwars toy company? lol or hub i guess.

Just a random idea.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
td-94
Ensign
Ensign

Post by td-94 »

I've noticed that the Toyco website has all of the Micro Machines range listed on their site including 3-packs and playsets, unfortunately aside from the blind bags all are 'out of stock'. If the products were in the website database it's possible (though I don't know how likely) that they were expecting them for Force Friday but that the shipment was delayed somehow and we might yet see them on shelves here in the next few weeks or so.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

td-94 wrote:I've noticed that the Toyco website has all of the Micro Machines range listed on their site including 3-packs and playsets, unfortunately aside from the blind bags all are 'out of stock'. If the products were in the website database it's possible (though I don't know how likely) that they were expecting them for Force Friday but that the shipment was delayed somehow and we might yet see them on shelves here in the next few weeks or so.
Good spotting Thomas. Hopefully this is a good sign.
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

Mighty Ape has a large number of Micro Machines & Playsets listed with a release date of 30th October.

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Sta ... t/23064223

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Sta ... k/23064109