The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Post by Reverend Strone »

Archon Revuge wrote:It seems that Star Wars Micro Machines got a bit of a short shrift with coverage at Toy Fair 2016. While there weren't any hugely exciting announcements, it does look like two new The Force Awakens deluxe packs are in the works. They include a number of repacks, but also three new vehicles - the quad jumper, the Resistance troop transport, and the downed Star Destroyer from Jakku.
I was pleased to see news of those new sets pop up. Both new ships are also included in the Wave 4 blind bags (and fortunately the troop transporter is painted), along with some other new creature, character and vehicle minis. Jabba is new, as is the surprise inclusion of Grummgar and his couch (where's Bazine?). I believe the sandcrawler is also a first for the new line. The Resistance Speeder had completely escaped my notice in the movie, but it is certainly welcome, even if it was a blink and miss it vehicle. These are in stock at EE now so hopefully we'll see some sign of them at retail here soon.

^ check out the upside down Quadjumper, waving its landing gear in the air. I despair at some of the product photography like this that occasionally makes it out. ;)
Archon Revuge wrote:Once we've got these, I'm pretty sure it's just the Eravana (and maybe Starkiller Base) that we're missing from TFA in this scale?
TFA is remarkably well covered as far as mini ships go, considering how new it is. You're right; there's very little left.

I'd echo your hope for an Eravana mini. There are other, more obscure craft I'd like to see them do as well, but I appreciate we're scraping the barrel a bit with some ...

Rey's family's ship from her Jakku flashback
Guavian Death Squad ship seen docking with the Eravana on a monitor
Unnamed ship seen breaking for orbit while Rey stares wistfully after it on Jakku
The Crimson Corsair's ship from Takodana
Any other background Takodana ship
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Both new ships are also included in the Wave 4 blind bags...
Oh snap! I'd completely missed news of these. Seems the vehicles I want from those deluxe packs are all available in these bags. Thanks for the heads up Strone - you've saved me a bit of coin here.
Reverend Strone wrote:...(and fortunately the troop transporter is painted)...
Good spotting. The transport in that deluxe pack is gold isn't it? As is the Falcon? Will have to watch out for this.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Archon Revuge wrote:Oh snap! I'd completely missed news of these. Seems the vehicles I want from those deluxe packs are all available in these bags. Thanks for the heads up Strone - you've saved me a bit of coin here.
Yay! :D Here's hoping that wave appears here. Compared to other parts of the world we've been really lucky with blind bags waves 1 through 3 so far and they seem to be moving where I shop, so I think there's reason for optimism on that front. :D
Archon Revuge wrote:Good spotting. The transport in that deluxe pack is gold isn't it? As is the Falcon? Will have to watch out for this.
Yeah. The whole gold thing is perplexing to me. I suppose it is an attention getter of sorts? It's annoying though. I know I'd rather have those ships in regular polychromatic schemes, personally, and would have as a kid, too. Fortunately the blind bags offer us that option. Don't be surprised if you happen to come upon me at the Warehouse one weekend, fondling blind bags. ;) I am hoping that the distinctive shapes of the Quadjumper and Troop Transporter will make them easy to distinguish with one's thumbs. ;) If only Hasbro would do with these sets what they do with their My Little Pony blind bags, and put a tiny window in them which doesn't reveal the entire toy, but at least gives you a glimpse at what colour the item is. Incidentally, they also have codes that one can decipher and use to beat the blind packing gimmick as well. I wish they did that with the SW ones, too.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Yeah. The whole gold thing is perplexing to me. I suppose it is an attention getter of sorts? It's annoying though. I know I'd rather have those ships in regular polychromatic schemes, personally, and would have as a kid, too.
Yeah, the more cynical side of me wonders if it's an attempt to get completists to purchase duplicates.
Reverend Strone wrote:Don't be surprised if you happen to come upon me at the Warehouse one weekend, fondling blind bags. ;)
Ha! You and me both buddy. The vehicles have been pretty easy to suss out by touch so far - much easier than the Lego minifigure blind bags for sure!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Given we did so well with waves 1 to 3 down here, I have been hunting the stores for sign of wave 4 of the blind bags in recent weeks. Instead, I found new figures, so it wasn't a total loss this weekend, but I am nonetheless hopeful we might see them pop up soon. :D Fingers crossed.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Given we did so well with waves 1 to 3 down here, I have been hunting the stores for sign of wave 4 of the blind bags in recent weeks. Instead, I found new figures, so it wasn't a total loss this weekend, but I am nonetheless hopeful we might see them pop up soon. :D Fingers crossed.
Darn, looks like I've been doing a bad job of keeping on top of these waves - I thought we were still waiting to see Wave 3 down here. Was really hoping to nab Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from that run.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Oh dude, the Warehouse in Lyall Bay was full of wave 3 for a number of weeks. I wish I had known you were after them. :( I'm so sorry. There must still be some to be had, somewhere. Maybe they will reship some with wave 4, assuming we get that wave at all?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Oh dude, the Warehouse in Lyall Bay was full of wave 3 for a number of weeks. I wish I had known you were after them. :( I'm so sorry. There must still be some to be had, somewhere. Maybe they will reship some with wave 4, assuming we get that wave at all?
No problem Strone :) It was a "nice-to-have" not a "need-to-have" (given that I've technically already got the sculpt in the Obi-Wan deco).

Seems that Wave 3 skipped the CBD altogether though. Most stores are still choked with Wave 2 baggies.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Today's Mighty Ape daily deals includes a great range of Star Wars Micromachines sets, with up to 40% off -
Mighty Ape Daily Deals - SW Micromachines
mightyape_dailydealmicromachines.jpg
mightyape_dailydealmicromachines.jpg (117.1 KiB) Viewed 9276 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

I've finally managed to fill a rather glaring omission in my Micro Machines Action Fleet collection (this version is from the Toys'R'Us two-pack). Can anyone remember ever seeing this vehicle in New Zealand stores? It never turned up in my neck of the woods.