The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:They look roughly Titanium sized to my eye, gauging off the screw in the case and thickness of the plastic stand under the AT-AT.
I agree. I wonder if these might instead be the Black Series die-cast vehicles that were listed in Hasbro's solicitations back in January? The legs on that AT-AT definitely look plastic - but its hard to tell what the rest are cast in.

Or maybe these Micro Machines just ain't going to be all that micro anymore...
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Reverend Strone wrote:Here's our first picture of what appears to be our first look at the new mini 'micro machines' ships line from Hasbro at SDCC preview night!

AT-AT!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Looks like we have confirmation that these are the new Titanium Series vehicles that Hasbro will be releasing. It's great to see this line returning!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Press images from the Hasbro SDCC panel show these in more detail - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 436&type=3
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Archon Revuge wrote:...
Or maybe these Micro Machines just ain't going to be all that micro anymore...
I was thinking the same thing, but then I was reminded of the original Target inventory sku list by someone in a thread over on the Rebelscum forums.

MICRO MACHINES
087-06-3684 SW vehicle blind bag. 2.49$
087-06-3685 SW vehicle 3 pack. 4.99$
087-06-3686 SW MM Dlx vehicle asst. 9.99$
087-06-3688 SW E7 MM Battle Set. 19.99$

087-06-3668 Black Series Die Cast 4.99$

That last one has to be what we are seeing in these pictures, and US$4.99 seems about right as far as pricing per ship. US$2.49 for singles and $4.99 for a three-pack would be way too cheap for die cast vehicles of Titanium size, so those products have to be smaller, and probably cast in a soft plastic. That sounds to me like something closer to true Micro Machines! Here's hoping it's a range full of lots of new tooling and designs rather than repacks or the same old OT ships all over again. The fact that they weren't sown or talked about at SDCC gives me hope. If they were all the same OT candidates that have been released dozens of time already there would be no need for secrecy. :D Fingers crossed we'll see a big range of awesome all new Micro Machines mini ships very soon!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:That last one has to be what we are seeing in these pictures, and US$4.99 seems about right as far as pricing per ship. US$2.49 for singles and $4.99 for a three-pack would be way too cheap for die cast vehicles of Titanium size, so those products have to be smaller, and probably cast in a soft plastic. That sounds to me like something closer to true Micro Machines!
Nice digging Strone - that makes a lot of sense!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I can't believe it's been two decades since the original line of Star Wars Micro Machines...
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

This is a bit of duplication from the Force Friday thread, but for the sake of spreading the love and celebrating the potential for awesomeness, I figured I'd repost the same link here as well. Jedi Temple Archives has posted some more detail about what September 4th may be bringing us. Of note in there was this detail that makes me excited ...

"Micro Machines are making a huge comeback in The Force Awakens line. There will be LOTS. Like more than 50 individual pieces in this collection."

Of course it remains to be seen whether they lump Titaniums in with Micro Machines, but it's still promising. It also tracks with the teasing a buddy of mine who has seen the products through his work did when he told me some months ago, 'Start saving now, bro.'
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

For me, this is by far the most exciting product announcement surrounding TFA. I can't wait to see a list of the vehicles!
td-94
Ensign
Ensign

Post by td-94 »

Great news to hear micro machines are making a comeback. I'm especially excited for the return of the Titanium line (it was a bit of an obsession for me over the years they were released) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we see some brand new vehicles that I can add to my collection!