Kenner "Droids" Line

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Kenner "Droids" Line

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Out of pure curiosity, who here collects Droids figures?
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Kenner "Droids" Line

Post by AaroKin »

I haven't gotten any at the moment because I wasn't really into the cartoons when I was younger :o but the more I see them the more I want them lol....especially Wicket
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yeah, I'm probably keen to collect them at some point, just for completeness, but don't actually have any in my vintage collection at this point. The repainted R2 and 3PO are, unsurprisingly I guess, the ones I'd most like to get hold of.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I quite like the 'Droids' version of R2 as well but I've seen a few on eBay that are screaming repaints of the main line version and it's scared me off lol

(BTW I know Wicket isn't from the Droids line but I tend to lump both of the 80s cartoons in together lol)
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cloneone44 »

Hi there H-Mushman

Just reading old posts, and found this.
Yes, since falling back into the Star Wars scene, Ive been focusing on Droids, Stormtroopers and vehicles, preferably Tie and X-wings. I've started making a few full sized droids to test my modeling skills lost 30 years ago. I have a basic BB8, BB9, large and small GNK's and in the process of a naked Protocol droid (not unlike C-3PO). Not electronics or LED's in any of them.

It's certainly a lot of fun getting back into modelling. I'm learning a lot. EVA wasn't around, just balsa wood and plastic kits. Haha

Like many others, I wish I have sold or thrown all my toys away from 1977!