Contacting our local retailers

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Contacting our local retailers

Post by Dawfydd »

Has anyone had any luck? with the recent 15% gst changes i've been attempting to contact any buying agent (what shops tell me i need to contact to get this sorted) but they also don't get me in contact.

Ebgames, Toyworld, TheWarehouse, Mightyape and K-mart i've contacted a couple of times about this matter.
As well as hasbro and i get this.

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a point of contact as that information is proprietary. Each retailer has a sales representative that they contact to find information such as available inventory. I will be sure to share your concerns with management and the appropriate business partners." - Hasbro
then
"Good Morning,
I am sorry but that it is not the way it works due to privacy.
As previously advised a few times now, your information has been provided to the relevant teams.
If this is something that they are interested in then they will be in touch with you, otherwise have a wonderful day and stay safe during these times." - From EB games.

I thought it'd be a fairly simple matter, Stock isn't reaching NZ its forcing us to buy these items online which encourages us to buy all waves online.. rather than waiting to see if the wave will reach us..
but i get replies like
"Hi there,
Thanks for contacting us.
At this time we have no information regarding stock for those figures at all.
We request to stock what are offered to us and this is not always the full line of products.
A lot of items are generally only sold in the US and not made available to NZ and Australia.
We apologise for any disappointment caused. " - Eb games
and Regarding the current wave live in the USA now Dooku/etc 6inch and 3.75
"Thank you for your patience while I looked into this for you.
Unfortunately, our supplier hasn't been able to give a strong confirmation of what items from your list we will able to sort.
At this stage, we are confident we should be getting the Count Dooku figure but the rest of the figures would still be a 'maybe' at this stage.
As soon as we can confirm the availability of these they should be added https://www.mightyape.co.nz/attribute/4 ... ge-figures https://www.mightyape.co.nz/attribute/4 ... ack-series
I appreciate this is not the answer you were after and my apologies that I could not be of more help in this instance.
Kind regards,
**** - Customer Service - Mighty Ape" - mightyape (name removed of course)

but of course hasbro say the local stores are entirely at fault.. which i'm less sure they collude to deny entire waves

"Thank you for your response and explaining the lack of Star Wars figures in your local retail stores. I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to purchase certain Star Wars figures and that you are dissatisfied with the distribution in your local stores.
Regrettably, we cannot control what products stores purchase and sell in their store. However, consumer satisfaction is very important to us and and I will certainly share your comments with my management team so that they are also aware of this situation.
Again, I am sorry that you have had an unsatisfactory experience and am grateful you took the time to make us aware. Please do not hesitate to reach out again if any assistance is needed in the future."

Any suggestions would be welcome at this point i'm going to try to figure out who i contact about the GST changes that went through i'm fairly sure i have enough email support to show that local retailers aren't willing to supply all the goods we should be getting in NZ making ordering online required and of course i doubt one person will be enough to convince anyone.. buts its a complete *censored* show.

and Thanks in advance if you have any ideas, i know a couple of you have offered to bring stuff in for me along with your orders but i work on such a budget i never know when i'll have enough funds to make an order ^_^
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Contacting our local retailers

Post by cloneone44 »

Its such a coincidence that I was watching a YouTube blog last week and the collector in Mexico was saying the same thing. He has to ship direct from the USA as they only receive a small portion of the range available. Seems to be a problem not just in New Zealand.
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

Ive sent a few emails asking why NZ hasnt being getting any new waves of Hot Wheels starships and lack of a couple of ships while rerunning the same ones over and over.
This was a reply from Mattel Australia that just made me think they dont care .
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-03-21-11-04-32-1.png
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I mean, its fine they don't get the exclusives i get that is something hasbro works out with retailers.. which is still complete *censored* for collectors not inside NZ.

But if you can't even get the full line.. or put effort into asking for it.. why'd they whine we need GST on imported goods?
I'm going to follow this up, i think the changes are completely unjust local retailers need to step it up or suffer the loss of sales due to their laziness, there is no way selling stock that is wanted isn't a good thing.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)