SWNZ Forums

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
 #13592  by Buzz Bumble
 Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:19 am
For those who like Star Wars (millions of people) AND Shakespeare (all two of you), the second book in the Shakepeare-ised version of the Star Wars Saga has been released ...
William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back (hardback)
NZD$16.64 (save 29%)
BookDepository.co.uk

Image
:roll:
 #13961  by Buzz Bumble
 Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 am
Whitcoulls
There's a big sale on at the moment, but not really anything for Star Wars fans other than the new Lego Star Wars The Visual Dictionary - Expanded and Updated , which you can currently get in the 30% off Children's Books pricing ... late this afternoon there was one copy left at Albany (ex-Borders), but none at the smaller Albany branch nor Browns Bay.

There is also a new Dorling Kindersley sticker book: Darth Vader's Empire Ultimate Sticker Book.
 #13965  by fredstar
 Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 am
I found these 2 gems today in a old book store today!
Omnibus versions of the Marvel Comics series based on the films!






I couldn't believe it! Ive been looking for them for years!
Attachments
IMG_4840.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 4489 times
IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4837.JPG (2.76 MiB) Viewed 4489 times
 #14203  by Buzz Bumble
 Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 am
Whitcoulls Albany (large ex-Border branch) has a couple of Star Wars books in their 50% off Blue Dot Books clearance sale:
  • Vader's Little Princess, $12.50 (marked as $24.99 - 13 copies on Friday afternoon)
  • William Shakespeare's Star Wars, $15.00 (marked as $29.99 - 3 copies on Friday afternoon)
These were on the Humour / Gift Books shelves towards the back of the ground floor level.
 #14794  by Buzz Bumble
 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 am
Whitcoulls in Takapuna has three new Star Wars Rebels sticker books (the Dorling Kindersley "Ultimate" ones) and a Clone Wars colouring-in book.
 #14891  by Buzz Bumble
 Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:21 am
PaperPlus (or is it PaperPower?) in Westfield Glenfield, Auckland has four new Dorling Kindersley Early Reader books, priced at $12.99 each:
  • Meet the Rebels - which has a little bit of information on characters, etc. in the new animated series
  • Lego A New Hope - a very simplified and Lego-fied version of the story
  • Lego The Empire Strikes Back - a very simplified and Lego-fied version of the story
  • Lego Return of the Jedi - a very simplified and Lego-fied version of the story
 #17577  by WallisRa
 Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 pm
I was in a little bookstore in Carterton yesterday called Almos Books (or something similar and I found a few novels I hadn't seen before including this one:
Attachments
IMG_20150706_113546.jpg
IMG_20150706_113546.jpg (70.96 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
 #17583  by MattG
 Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:49 am
WallisRa wrote:I was in a little bookstore in Carterton yesterday called Almos Books (or something similar and I found a few novels I hadn't seen before including this one:
Nice. Does it tie in directly to the stories from the TV series, or is it independent of them?
 #17584  by WallisRa
 Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:13 am
MattG wrote:
WallisRa wrote:I was in a little bookstore in Carterton yesterday called Almos Books (or something similar and I found a few novels I hadn't seen before including this one:
Nice. Does it tie in directly to the stories from the TV series, or is it independent of them?

Independent. It happens before the events of the show.
 #17646  by Harvey Mushman
 Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:58 am
fredstar wrote:I found these 2 gems today in a old book store today!
Omnibus versions of the Marvel Comics series based on the films!






I couldn't believe it! Ive been looking for them for years!
They used a Don Post as reference!
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11