The Force Unleashed 2

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

The Force Unleashed 2

Post by Anaria »

The Force Unleashed 2 is advertised as being released 29th October here in NZ, and EB Games has the exclusive collectors edition (available for the Xbox 360 and PS3). No prices yet, but the collectors edition includes -

* Premium Collectible Steelbook
* Exclusive In-Game Content
o Three exclusive challenge mode levels
o Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept “Deak Starkiller” skin
o Exclusive Lightsaber crystal
* Exclusive Mimobot USB Designer Drive Preloaded with Bonus Content
o Starkiller 2GB Flash Drive designed by Mimobot
o Digital art book, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

Mighty Ape has the standard editions available for pre-order (with prices) for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC - hopefully they will also have the Wii version too.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Force Unleashed 2

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It's highly annoying that the makers of the Mac versions don't tell us they're making them until much later. Other versions get announced, previewed, etc. months in advance, but for the Mac version we're lucky to know even one month before it's released. :mad: It usually means I end up buying the Windows version to make sure I get the game, only to then have to fork out again for the Mac version when (if) it arrives.

When I asked on a Mac games forum, some twit replied that they don't pre-announce games because they then get complaints if the game is running late for it's release date. Common sense would say that they could say they're planning the game, but not give a release date so that Mac users don't waste money on the Windows version. Then they wonder why they sell so few Mac games. :roll:
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about a Mac version yet...

Just spotted on Fishpond - they have a pre-order for the Wii version for $102 - but the release date for that is 3rd November, not sure why it's later than the other versions.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Hey there, has anyone played the Force Unleashed 2 game yet? I've played it and was wanting to know what others thought of it?
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Rented it from video Ezy and have just finished it in 3 days (brag). It's not as good as the first, felt the story was a bit weak and leaves questions unanswered.

However, it definitely hints at a third installment.

Not worth paying $110 that's for sure.
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Yeah, kinda had the same thoughts, wasn't very long game, great graphics though, I finished it in a few days also. I heard somewhere they weren't going to do a 3rd??
Gorman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Gorman »

I'm hearing rumours that they will be releasing a download addon for $1 or thereabouts because of the outcry at the shortness of the game.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Here's the brief review from the TimeOut magazine section of the NZ Herald (16 December, 2010) ...
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
PS3 (Also available on Xbox 360, Wii, PC). Rated: M

+ The Force Unleashed II, set shortly before the original Star Wars film, continues the story of Darth Vader's secret apprentice Starkiller and his - or his clone's - struggle to learn his own identity and choose between The Force and its nasty twin, the Dark Side. How does it feel to be in control of a powerful Jedi? Imagine this: You're breaking out of a prison, using The Force to carve your way through enemies as Vader himself curses you from afar. They're coming at you from the decks, so you use The Force to hold them in stasis until you're close enough to shred them with your dual-wielded lightsabers. They're coming at you from the skies, so you use The Force again to stop the TIE fighters in mid-air, either to cause aerial collisions or to simply crush the things like cans. Just keep marching until you reach the first level's goal: a potentially deadly encounter involving the AT-AT walkers (those large robot-dog-things from Empire Strikes Back) and a large contingent of Stormtroopers. Scary? No. They're no problem at all! Simply use The Force to turn those machines into abstract art, then halt the ground assault with one hand while you stir your Milo with the other.

- Actually, that is the problem. Like the chap who was too sexy for his hat, Starkiller is too powerful for this game. The zap-and-slash action repeats itself from level to level, and the only real challenge lies in not misjudging leaps from one platform to another. Granted, this gives you plenty of time to enjoy the scenery while dangling Stormtroopers over environmental hazards (then letting them go free for a moment before mind-tricking them into killing themselves), but even that wears thin by the time you've hacked your way to the game's climax some five or six hours later.

Verdict If the point is to put the full power of The Force into the player's hands, the The Force Unleashed II is a success. If the point is to hold your attention for longer than a weekend, this one could be forcing it.

Troy Rawhiti-Forbes
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by r2d2 »

Would have to agree with previous comments, but reckon it's worth getting for any Star Wars fan though. :2cents:
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Gorman wrote:I'm hearing rumours that they will be releasing a download addon for $1 or thereabouts because of the outcry at the shortness of the game.
A few weeks back I downloaded an addon level, it's another one of the 'what if' levels, you are the "dark apprentice" you fight the rebels on Endor, the final fight it with Jedi Leia. Pretty interesting download and nice cinematic at the end with the Emperor.