Fantasy Flight Games: Armada

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Fantasy Flight Games: Armada

Post by Reverend Strone »

Star Wars Armada

Basically X-Wing but at capital ship/squadron scale. The minis look beautiful. I'll be picking selected ships up when they start releasing singles by the looks.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Fantasy Flight Games: Armada

Also, pics from GenCon featuring some of the first expansions...

Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

How much do some of the star destroyer sized things cost? (for a model buying point of view)
Some of them look better than Titanium series.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

So, we have news and pictures this week of upcoming Armada releases thanks to the GAMA show…

A huge Imperial Star Destroyer and new Rebel Capital Ships are coming!

Here are some pictures, courtesy of [url="http://[url"]http://blacksixredseven.blogspot.co.nz/]Black[/url] Six Red Seven[/url] of the actual minis, unpainted …

Also revealed were a whole slew of smaller ships, each larger than a Starfighter, but smaller than a capital ship. It's a spectacular range and may give clues as to what we can expect in future X-Wing waves as well (apparently FFG confirmed that we will see all of the Bounty Hunters' craft in X-Wing).

Pictured:

Slave 1 / Firespray
Millenium Falcon / YT-1700
Moldy Crow / HWK-290
Havoc / Scurrg H-6 Bomber
Outrider / YT-2400
Hound's Tooth / YV-666
IG-2000
Punishing One / JumpMaster 5000

Looks like there's some cool stuff coming! + Ep VII!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Thanks for the update Strone. Despite my strong collecting focus on miniature Star Wars ships, I'd held off from getting into the FF X-Wing game because there seemed to be a little too much overlap with the Micro Machines and WotC Starships models already in my collection. This new line looks too tempting to resist however. I love the smaller scale, and the promise of future SotE-inspired vehicles is a real deal-maker.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

The Hound's Tooth is cool!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Archon Revuge wrote:Thanks for the update Strone. Despite my strong collecting focus on miniature Star Wars ships, I'd held off from getting into the FF X-Wing game because there seemed to be a little too much overlap with the Micro Machines and WotC Starships models already in my collection. This new line looks too tempting to resist however. I love the smaller scale, and the promise of future SotE-inspired vehicles is a real deal-maker.
I did the same for the longest time, but seeing them in person won me over late last year. The FFG X-Wing models kick the old MMs in the face in terms of accuracy, sharp tooling and paint aps. They are expensive, but they're awesome. I have been gradually phasing my Wizards and MM minis out of my collection in exchange for the FFG upgrades, selectively, and will do the same with these new Armada releases. I figure I only need one of each class in my collection and I'll use the best looking one available, regardless of make.

Here's some more info on the coming Armada ships, including pricing ...

That Mon Cal Frigate also appears to be based on concept art from Jedi:

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...The FFG X-Wing models kick the old MMs in the face in terms of accuracy, sharp tooling and paint aps. They are expensive, but they're awesome. ...
They do look very impressive, both in terms of sculpting, and in terms of the interesting and broad choices for models they've made.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:...I have been gradually phasing my Wizards and MM minis out of my collection in exchange for the FFG upgrades, selectively, and will do the same with these new Armada releases. I figure I only need one of each class in my collection and I'll use the best looking one available, regardless of make.
That's a really good strategy - I might consider doing something similar.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

I spotted the starter set in the Welly CBD Toyworld this week. I knew it'd be expensive - but the $180 price tag really took me by surprise. Fortunately Fishpond and Mighty Ape have it for $135 and $140 respectively.
Attachments
Star Wars Armada.JPG
Star Wars Armada.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 16306 times