SWNZ Forums

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
 #13026  by mdb
 Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:23 pm
Yep, it's one of the reasons I have left a few toons sort of flailing ;) I forgot their story. I need to rename a few and have been trying to work out what to rename them to as well!

Another thing I didn't get until a few levels in, ehem...
There are your class missions and there are planetary missions. It's often useful doing the planetary on the way as well as pick up side missions (also planetary or heroic etc.) as well before doing class missions.

Every so often I'd wander into a class mission straight off and be flattened in seconds ;) But you can also PVP to get XP.

I read on fleet chat that the handy space missions were nerfed of xp and money because people were using them to level up. Sad because it was a handy and safe way to get a few extra xp to just sneak over the next level to go get the gear needed! SO that may be a reason to log in to my republic characters and see for myself.
 #13027  by MattG
 Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 pm
mdb wrote:...
There are your class missions and there are planetary missions. It's often useful doing the planetary on the way as well as pick up side missions (also planetary or heroic etc.) as well before doing class missions...
Yeah, that's a good point. I didn't fully appreciate the distinction when I first started playing either. Now, I check in my quest log to prioritise class quests.
mdb wrote:...I read on fleet chat that the handy space missions were nerfed of xp and money because people were using them to level up. Sad because it was a handy and safe way to get a few extra xp to just sneak over the next level to go get the gear needed!..
I still use them from time to time to pull in a few dollars and/or XP, when my free time is limited.
 #13028  by Anaria
 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:25 am
Here are my 18 characters - you can see a few of them are still in their starting gear, waiting to be played -
12197781034_4b0df38bba_o.jpg
The Zar-rel Legacy
12197781034_4b0df38bba_o.jpg (399.24 KiB) Viewed 5552 times
 #13039  by Fairtex
 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:32 am
That's a lot of characters. It's fun creating new characters. I may just do that :)
 #13124  by Fairtex
 Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:06 am
The more I play this game the more I'm loving it. Currently on Level 26 on Nar Shaddaa Shadow Town doing missions.
 #13350  by Dawfydd
 Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 am
I finished playing back in dec, leveling my last two characters after a double exp weekend, managed to get some double exp though, I like the look of my Bounty hunter powertech but shes a sad example of dps.
Where as the smuggler i made has great dps but i disliked that i made her a tentacle head. lol
 #13490  by MattG
 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:02 am
Dawfydd wrote:I finished playing back in dec..
You're not currently, actively playing? What server are/were you on?

I'm very much looking forward to the player housing, and related functionality, expansion in June.
 #15401  by MattG
 Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:39 pm
With game update 3.0 imminent, Anaria's put some coverage up on SWNZ.co.nz on the topic of the state of the game, and reasons to play/return if you haven't seen it all in a while... http://swnz.dr-maul.com/moretext.php?re ... 1017_SWTOR
 #15402  by Anaria
 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:31 pm
If anyone is interested in finding out more about Imperial-side end game raiding with fellow NZ players on Wednesday and/or Thursday nights on The Harbinger, send 'Banshila' an in-game message :) We do everything from older content fun runs (decorations! ;)) and world bosses, to hard mode progression, 8 or 16 man.
 #15629  by Dawfydd
 Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:05 pm
MattG wrote:
Dawfydd wrote:I finished playing back in dec..
You're not currently, actively playing? What server are/were you on?

I'm very much looking forward to the player housing, and related functionality, expansion in June.
Long ass reply time.. lol i'm on the harbringer it seems, i thought i was on some zhar a -rather server maybe i was forced to move?
My slingshot internet connection kept disconnecting me during dungeons and *censored* so i stopped playing end game in any game and just leveled and played single player games, now i'm with orcon and better net i did want to see how much better it feels.
But i'm not hugely keen on jumping back on the grind train i played wow for years in a server first guild so being casual isn't very rewarding.

I also hate how they locked away all my millions because i don't sub. :(
  • 1
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31