The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by vctrsone »

heres some ingame footage with Daniel Erickson playing from E3 :)

Maker of stuffs and things.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Came across this pic from E3 on Flickr - really can't wait for this game to come out!

Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Preorders for the 3 versions (collectors, digital deluxe & standard) went live last night, but Australia & NZ have been left out :cry: Gameplanet report

I notice that Amazon.com has a shipping date of Dec 31st for their preorders, so hopefully NZ will have further details by then.

Edit - Bioware Statement -
Following last night's news that Star Wars: The Old Republic will not be launched in New Zealand, Australia and other territories until after it's released in North America and Europe, BioWare's senior online community manager, Stephen Reid, has provided the following statement:

"To all of our fans outside of North America and Europe:

"Today we've announced the pre-order details for the initial launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and as you may now know, we’ve taken the difficult but necessary decision to limit our initial launch supply for the game. BioWare and LucasArts are completely focused on building an exceptional game and an exceptional game service to go with it. We decided to constrain our launch capacity to ensure we deliver a great experience to every player.

"Part of the reason this decision was made was because of the overwhelming demand for The Old Republic, and we're humbled by that level of excitement and anticipation. We fully intend to deliver to you an amazing game when we expand our service post-launch, but right now we cannot commit to any timeframe for when that may happen. As soon as we have more information about additional launches in more territories, we’ll let you know.

"We are committed to delivering Star Wars: The Old Republic to BioWare and Star Wars fans around the world, and to growing a truly global community."
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Hopefully that's not a growing trend. :( The Mac version of Lego Indiana Jones 2 was released in America and England as a download and boxed copy a couple of months ago, but I have still yet to find it available anywhere here or in Australia.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

http://torwars.com/2011/07/21/pre-order ... -confirms/
"Additionally it is now confirmed that Australians and New Zealanders can pre-order via Amazon.

Antony Binns aka @antz_nz was relieved to be able to say he got his pre-order confirmed tonight:"

:D
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924
BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories!

I asked at EB games in New Lynn a while back and they also gave an NZ date of December :)

So I have no idea how accurate that is especially given the official announcement for the first release was only just made today ;) Well half an hour ago.... I'm thinking it may have been a placeholder kind of date or else I managed to get highly sensitive info which I really doubt or it's a badly kept secret, which it may be.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

You might want to take that release date with a mountain of salt ... I read yesterday that the release of Diablo III has been pushed back yet again and is now early 2012. :roll:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I'm quite looking forward to the Art and Making of Old Republic book to come out. It's due in about a month.

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

And how many millions does that book cost?? ;)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

BioWare’s upcoming “Star Wars: The Old Republic” (SWTOR) hardly needs an introduction. Talk to any gamer or any Star Wars fan and they’ll likely recount the development process from the game’s inception to present day, whether you ask them to or not. Simply put, it’s the most anticipated, most hyped, most heralded MMO release of the last decade. It is the gaming industry’s last hope that an MMO, or any game for that matter, has a shot at dethroning Blizzard’s “World of Warcraft.” Scores of MMOs have tried and failed to hit WoW subscription numbers. Many have failed to even reach profitability. For all the life consuming potential “SWTOR” might offer gamers, it seems the developers are the ones watching most closely, wanting someone to prove that MMOs have a future outside Azeroth.

Unfortunately, for gamers and developers alike, “SWTOR” is going to fail.

... Continued at Bullz-eye.com.