The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by Anaria »

vctrsone wrote:It was Zoist.

and Im pretty sure servers are getting wiped. (so zoist might not exist afterwards)

When the early access starts on the 15th I will join the server with my oceanic guild and il post it on here.

Feel free to join everyone if your going to play empire..were just a little guild for now and we need more members!

great bunch of active members we had members on the whole beta test and I tanked the first two instances for them..good times good times.

Plus i love our guild name lol

Intensith FTW!!!!
Stephen Reid (senior community manager for SWTOR) answers questions on Twitter - his replies here & here indicate that the server names will be the same, plus more at launch. I'd be keen to play on the same server as other SWNZ members (I counted 13 West Coast pve servers in the beta).
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Also latest twitter from Steven is that you can use the client for Early access :) Patching required but hey!

I am looking for PvE servers for sure not sure what side I'll be primarily. I really want a Jedi Knight but Bounty Hunter got me hooked so.... sigh.

May have to go light side to join a guild as BH can go solo ;)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

By the sounds of it Sideshow is working on a Darth Malgus 12" figure and possibly others :)

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Just got an e-mail -
You’ll be able to begin testing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ very soon! Your test begins: Friday, December 2 at 1:00 PM CST
Logging into my client, it's says
We are excited to announce that the new build of the game is now available for ongoing testers! We look forward to your feedback and participation
Announcement in this SWTOR.com thead. Yay! So excited to be able to play again, wasn't expecting that :D

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

oooh soo jelly :)

And yes i think steven reid knows me a little too well on twitter after the whole "redzone" incident i was on there every day giving him hell untill we got more info.

everyone else tended to be butt kissing, I was just straight up asking for answers and explanations as to the bad treatment of all of us in the redzones.

him and bioware finally caved in and we got answers in the end...(sr really didnt like me bringing up the redzoners every day lol)
Maker of stuffs and things.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I totally understand why the launch is limited, I may not like it but I also have issues with the whole global distribution thing full stop ;) Mainly because I am prevented from purchasing the latest media but get all the spoilers from those who can which makes me more hohum about buying when I can.

I skimmed a fair bit but it does look like many do not care for oceanic dedicated servers on the forums. I myself an torn. I know I will not play on a PVP server when I have such severe lag (I know it has a lot to do with how far I am from the closest exchange, upload and download speeds have been an issue where I am for a very long time) and an oceanic server would be best for that issue. But I also have friends locally and internationally who will be playing from launch and so I don't want to play on a server where I know no one.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

Yes i have a lot of mates from west coast usa so for me id stay on the west coast server...in an mmorpg having 250ms over 50ms doesnt make a great deal of difference.

In pvp it matters a bit more.

also there tends to not be not enough oceanic players to fill these servers...they will be busy at peak times but ghost towns for the rest of it.

I like to play on servers with a decent population.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

LOL - There was just an organised/advertised 'End-of-the-World' Dance Party on all capital worlds, mostly in the cantinas, to celebrate the last hour of testing (just before all servers are shut down and beta-characters are deleted :( ). Pics and vids soon :lol:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I really got hooked in to the Bounty Hunter storyline. The main plot lines were emphasised so well that it had me believing that competing in "The Great Hunt" has been one of my lifelong ambitions.

This was my BH character for the past weekend. Now deleted from the beta databases. :(
swtor 2011-12-05 17-01-00-82.jpg
swtor 2011-12-05 16-41-53-50.jpg
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

your hooked as well buhahahaha! I loved playing my bounty hunter! im working on a bounty hunter helm at the moment.