The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by MattG »

Well, I played a few hours, mainly as a Sith Warrior. Sigh...looks like I'll have to be purchasing an account too...

Mainly because I want to get a spaceship to live on.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Tarragon wrote:Oh man, when are they going to release this on PS3?????

I'm so jealous of you PC gamers :cry:
But I guess it was the same for you'll when Batman Arkham was released on PS3 & you had to wait for it.
SWTOR is a Windows pc-only game, it won't be released for consoles :( It played without lag on my laptop, which isn't a high-end gaming machine, so if you have a reasonably recent/spec'd pc and a good internet connection, it should be able to handle it (system requirements for TOR are here). I really recommend this game, I've been waiting for this for years - and it was totally worth it :D

Took heaps of screencaps, but most of them are of the character setups so I can remember which options I like best :) Here's a couple more interesting ones -
swtor08.jpg
swtor09.jpg
swtor10.jpg
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Took a couple of gameplay videos - one wandering outside the jedi temple on Tython, and one of my jedi & companion fighting, (nothing spoilery). I love force powers, I'm always throwing rocks at people :)

[youtube]Y-co6rZ2G_k[/youtube]

[youtube]CAvqlvtBnfc[/youtube]

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

Tarragon wrote:Oh man, when are they going to release this on PS3?????

I'm so jealous of you PC gamers :cry:
But I guess it was the same for you'll when Batman Arkham was released on PS3 & you had to wait for it.

sorry buddy this is never going on consoles...far far too demanding! You would have to rebuild the entire game in a new game engine (its built on the hero mmo pc engine)

time to join us and buy a nice pc :) Ive said it before but il say it again...if anyone needs help building a cheap gaming machine to run TOR I can help. DONT EVER BUY A PREMADE PC EVER! its about 50% cheaper to buy the parts and assemble yourself.

I got my bh "Manic" to lvl 28 by the end of my testing and i took a whole bunch of screenys.

mostly of tat and alderan.

I also took a lot of screenys of things I want to make..including my BH's blaster and of the TOR mouse droids that zoom around in the citys. (ive got an old rc car im gonna make a new body for)

I took about 150 screen shots so i need to upload em all and then il post a few on here.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

all my screen shots are blank!!!! there all black! *CRIES*

I have no idea what happened but i just checked i have 163 black squares...rofl..guess theres a bug for 1080p screenys :(
Maker of stuffs and things.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

vctrsone wrote:...think im playing on ztion? servers called something like that....
Was is 'Ziost'? Are you likely to stick with that server?
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

It was Zoist.

and Im pretty sure servers are getting wiped. (so zoist might not exist afterwards)

When the early access starts on the 15th I will join the server with my oceanic guild and il post it on here.

Feel free to join everyone if your going to play empire..were just a little guild for now and we need more members!

great bunch of active members we had members on the whole beta test and I tanked the first two instances for them..good times good times.

Plus i love our guild name lol

Intensith FTW!!!!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

vctrsone wrote:I got my bh "Manic" to lvl 28 by the end of my testing and i took a whole bunch of screenys.

mostly of tat and alderan.

I also took a lot of screenys of things I want to make..including my BH's blaster and of the TOR mouse droids that zoom around in the citys. (ive got an old rc car im gonna make a new body for)

I took about 150 screen shots so i need to upload em all and then il post a few on here.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

all my screen shots are blank!!!! there all black! *CRIES*

I have no idea what happened but i just checked i have 163 black squares...rofl..guess theres a bug for 1080p screenys :(
Level 28, awesome! I played too many characters I think, only got to level 11 with my SI and JC (got my companions for both).

Oh no! What a shame your screencaps didn't work :( I use Fraps for my screencaps and videos, never had a problem with my 1600x900 resolution. I wasn't quite brave enough to record my voice during a video though, I tend to laugh a lot when fighting...

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

yer its a bug ive found out now..you need to run the game in windowed mode for screen shots to work......

wish I knew that before the test lol

And yer i have fraps i should have used that...or atleast checked the screeny folder before the end of the beta.

I had all these rerally awesome scenery shots of alderaan and the dune sea! the dune sea is best,most realistic scene i think ive seen in a game. its huge and theres no mobs every//all you can see are the endless dunes stretching out in front of you....was totally jaw dropping when i got there.

now i just need to sit on my hands until my early access starts on the 15th (16th nzt)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I know what you mean about the scenery. I only spent time on Tython and Korriban, but often I'd just stand and pan around looking at the surroundings, so neat :) Looking forward to exploring other worlds like Alderaan and Tatooine :)

Here's another video - zooming over Korriban in my speeder, I love looking around at the locations :)

[youtube]70TDgTY3rzU[/youtube]

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The last time I played an RPG, it involved dice and a gamemaster. No wait, there probably was some 8-bit Ultima IV, nearly 25 years ago. Anyways, I enjoyed this beta, despite being a n00b.

A quick combat clip.

[youtube]mRCP3UfZlRg[/youtube]

And, some might consider this cut-scene clip potential spoiler material for the Sith Warrior storyline...I got my lightsaber for this character literally seconds before the server shut down at the end of the test period. Click 'show' to view.
[youtube]yF0eITrDL-Q[/youtube]