The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by Anaria »

Awesome :)

My previous laptop died suddenly a few months ago, and although I hated losing stuff I hadn't backed up, it did mean having a reason/excuse to buy a new laptop with good specs :) Though did get a little distracted yesterday looking online for a better mouse and headphones.

Still don't know which class I want to play yet, jedi or sith. I play lightside in Kotor, but I absolutely love the dark force powers in Jedi Academy.

MightyApe has a preorder up for the game, with an estimated ship date of Dec 23rd.. which I think would be sourced from overseas? I know they import some games that don't get released here, perhaps they are for TOR as well.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

yerp amazon will let anyone from anywhere buy them..I bet they just put in a bulk order.

still if you guys dont want the actual box go to that g2play.net site I linked earlier on in this thread...its much cheaper and you will get into the game earlier as it its digital download.

the only problem with the digital download is the file size.

swtor is supposed to have over 20gb of music files alone......so we may be looking at a download close to 40gb..

Oh and anaria If your harddrive didnt die I have an external hdd reader that you can plug any hdd into (made from an external hdd i ripped apart)...it just plugs into your usb. if there was anything you really needed you could borrow it.
Maker of stuffs and things.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

Ok double post but....

i JUST GOT MY SWTOR BETA INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only been waiting like 4 years since the first swtor rumors emerged from bioware!
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

XD Be prepared to download overnight, and be prepared for any interruptions. I wound up downloading the client twice. It may have been the age of my computer though as I had to restart a few times.... But mostly due to Telecom traffic management. Had an average of 400kbs for my download which was good for being so far from the nearest exchange.

I don't know how many spoilers you have been exposed to so I won't say anything story related. I missed part of it due to excitement of actually being able to run the game at all!

I'm too much of a goody two shoes to actually play dark side so these testing weekends are a good chance for me to create characters I won't wind up playing ;)

I'm hoping eventually someone will figure out clipping issues. Twilek lekku kind of get in the way as it is (lightsaber kind of went through them when ever I turned my Inquisitor head) but I want to play togruta eventually. Oh please let them be a playable class later on... I am pretty sure the reason Shaak Ti has her lekku tied back in TFU is for this very reason ;) They kind of stick out the back and don't get too much in the way ;) The opposite of real life I might add.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

dl speed just jumped up to 1.6gb a sec after downloading all the video :)

and I shall be darkside as my mains..im the opposite..im too much of a baddy to play republic side LOL

thats mostly because in my mmorpg years I have always found the darker faction to have a lot more mature player base as a whole...kids tend to want to play as good guys.

apparently for swtor to there are far more sith guilds and players listed than there are republic!

this would make for a good change as in 99% of mmorpgs the bad guys are out numbered atleast 3-1.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Got my invite too! :D But of course, when I go to download the client, the website isn't loading for me... :cry: must keep trying.

Can't wait to play around with character options :)

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

mine did exactly the same thing but it will load eventually.

also go set your security questions for your account now as you cant log in with out them being done. (doesnt tell you this untill you have logged in..//doh)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Thanks, finally got in and it's downloading now :) Got my security questions all set up now too.

Edit - still downloading...

Anyone buying the Razer TOR stuff? It's releasing the same time as the game but can't find anyone in NZ that seems to have a preorder...

Forgot to post I bought the art book from Book Depository, it is great! Heaps of full page colour pictures. Would definitely recommend it to any one interested in the game :)

Here's a review with good pics

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Can't wait until the weekend!
tor1.jpg

vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

ooh that is nice..I might have to look into getting it.

and yes i cant wait ether..after 4 years ive got 3 days to wait untill I can play swtor for the first time!!! makes me excited just thinking about it lol.

You know why I made my first lightsaber? SWTOR! all my custom stuff ive made so far is supposed to be based in the old republic era.

I love star wars....thanx George.

Ps: if anyone wants to join me in a Sith oceanic guild its called "Intensith" you can apply through swtor or on http://www.intensith.enjin.com/
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

A little over 12 hours playing time so far this weekend, and absolutely loving it! Tried jedi consular and sith inquistor so far - grabbed a few screenshots of my sith (was too excited and forgot to get pics of my jedi, will next time).
swtor01.jpg
swtor02.jpg
swtor03.jpg