Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - [Title Forthcoming] *SPOILERS*

Post by MattG »

I'll weigh in too, and say that I'm sure he'd do a more than fine job if employed to reprise the role of Luke. Side note: I've got a soft-spot for (and hence will defend) celebrities being judged by single, or small numbers of, photos under random lighting and random social conditions that they may not have even asked to be taken :)
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Archon Revuge wrote:I'm fairly certain this image is only a couple of years old, and back then Hamill was looking absolutely perfect to play a Luke-turned-Obi-Wan.....
Definitely. The guy is a legend, and seeing him don the robes once again is going to be amazing.

P.s. I'm obviously convinced that's going to happen. I just live in hope that he doesn't get a 5 minute bit part showing before they kill him off or whatever.
I see no reason that he couldn't live on for quite some time as the head of a 'New Jedi Order'
He wouldn't need to get much screen time for that to happen. Just pop into the story now and again to excite the crowd. ;)

Now I know that in theory the storyline for the movies may be completely different to the books, but it seems logical that Luke starts training Jedi after the end of ROTJ.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

:lol:
Attachments
c592db92-733d-47a9-a326-50c7b9a260d6.jpg
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bazzack wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:I'm fairly certain this image is only a couple of years old, and back then Hamill was looking absolutely perfect to play a Luke-turned-Obi-Wan.....
Definitely. The guy is a legend, and seeing him don the robes once again is going to be amazing.

P.s. I'm obviously convinced that's going to happen. I just live in hope that he doesn't get a 5 minute bit part showing before they kill him off or whatever.
I see no reason that he couldn't live on for quite some time as the head of a 'New Jedi Order'
He wouldn't need to get much screen time for that to happen. Just pop into the story now and again to excite the crowd. ;)

Now I know that in theory the storyline for the movies may be completely different to the books, but it seems logical that Luke starts training Jedi after the end of ROTJ.
My thoughts exactly. I'm sticking with my 43ABY theory. Mark, Carrie and Harrison all return to reprise their respective roles at more-or-less the age they currently are. They get some screen time, but a large portion of the action now revolves around Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo, and Jag Fel. For me that mix would nicely mirror the trio from the original trilogy - two Force-sensitive family members (male and female), and a male rogue who plays the romantic interest of the female.

We get to see all of the original cast return, the EU remains completely unaltered, and everyone's happy...

Ok Kathleen?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:...Ok Kathleen?
LOL :lol: What was her response when you sent through your plot treatment? :p
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:...Ok Kathleen?
LOL :lol: What was her response when you sent through you plot treatment? :p
Some legal mumbo-jumbo about "harassment" and "the 23rd plot-treatment we have received from you since Tuesday".

I tell ya, they ain't got no love for us true fans.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Bazzack wrote:

In the Jedi Academy game, Luke is head of the training academy, and you talk to him from time to time during the story - with all other links back to the Jedi Order now gone, it does leave Luke as the only one with knowledge/training to pass on to others, it makes perfect sense to have him as a senior jedi/teacher for the new generation of students. Alec Guiness wasn't doing back flips or anything, Luke doesn't need to look like he did on Dagobah to be believable as a jedi master. Also, it's not unheard of for an actor to get fitter etc for a specific role.

With the force ghosts at the end of ROTJ, I do wonder if they might include Yoda or even Anakin (or Ewan as Obi-Wan?) in a brief, 'talking to Luke, giving guidance' moment? I think that would be cool.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Anaria wrote:With the force ghosts at the end of ROTJ, I do wonder if they might include Yoda or even Anakin (or Ewan as Obi-Wan?) in a brief, 'talking to Luke, giving guidance' moment? I think that would be cool.
I hadn't even thought about that. Now it's added to my wishlist!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Ewan McGregor has indicated that he'd be interested in "donning the cloak again"...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:...Now it's added to my wishlist!
Plot outline 23 24.