Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - [Title Forthcoming]

Post by Anaria »

Archon Revuge wrote:
Harvey Mushman wrote:There's so many questions, so many possibilities, but there is one at the top of my list: Will John Williams compose the music?
I really really hope so!
I hope so too. The Old Republic game has it's own music composers, with a vast array of original music - but heaps is straight from the films, from both prequel and original trilogies. It's one of those things that instantly lets you know you're in the Star Wars universe (plus he's awesome!).

Wonder if (or how many) new planets we'll see? Or perhaps they'll use ones that have appeared in the Clone Wars/games/books etc.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Not sure what constitutes a "solid" source, so take this with a grain of salt, but this report is being echoed a few places around the internet this morning: http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2/lu ... ilogy.html

They do make reference to "restored prints of the original trilogy to surface in the near future", which we know may be complicated due to the rights not being transferred in the Disney deal (but then TCF may want to milk the franchise before Disney starts getting all the income).

PS: I think we need to move forward on the presumption that this thread will eventually contain actual spoilers...if you agree, Archon, maybe note that in the title?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:...There's so many questions, so many possibilities, but there is one at the top of my list: Will John Williams compose the music? ...
I certainly hope so. We've happened to watch both Jaws and Superman in the last few days, and the topic of Williams legacy, particularly from that late-70s-to-early-80s era, has come up.

I know they put 'Clone Wars' on the big screen without a JW soundtrack, and in the Harry Potter franchise, JW only did the main theme and first couple of movies, with an assortment doing the others, so there certainly are instances where "replacements" have been bought in. Not saying the composers that took over aren't without merit by any means, but you can hear feel the difference between a JW theme and the others.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:Not sure what constitutes a "solid" source, so take this with a grain of salt, but this report is being echoed a few places around the internet this morning: http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2/lu ... ilogy.html
Yes, yes, yes! This is excellent news if it's true. Having the original cast return is everything I could hope for (I'm a stickler for casting continuity!)
MattG wrote:PS: I think we need to move forward on the presumption that this thread will eventually contain actual spoilers...if you agree, Archon, maybe note that in the title?
Excellent idea Matt. I'd toyed with the idea when I first started the thread, but I didn't think we'd be getting to potential spoiler material so soon!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

MattG wrote:They do make reference to "restored prints of the original trilogy to surface in the near future"
I'm almost certain that I read somwhere a long way back that the Original Trilogy was being "restored" simply as part of getting the movies ready for the 3D-erisation process.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - [Title Forthcoming] *SPOILERS*

Post by MattG »

Yeah, that would make sense Buzz. Good point; we are likely to see editions/sets after the 3D releases.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

yeah I'd love to see Mark Hamill do a Ben- kenobi style character maybe the millenium falcon gets dusted off for a last trip and of course a crap load of stormtroopers!
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I hate to say it, but time has not been kind to Mr Hamill, he looks more like a fat Yoda now rather than Luke Skywalker.

Might be time to hit the gym and get back into his Jedi training ;)
Attachments
FFN_World_of_Heroes_AFP_071212_50831503.jpg
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Judge him by his size do you? :p
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

I'm fairly certain this image is only a couple of years old, and back then Hamill was looking absolutely perfect to play a Luke-turned-Obi-Wan. I'm sure it's still doable.