Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

Post by AaroKin »

John Williams has stated hes had to score 135mins of music for Episode IX.....after having to push through 3hrs of Avengers I was hoping The Rise of Skywalker wouldn't go the same way.

I left the theater after Solo wishing it went longer because I was really drawn into the story/action.....unfortunately during The Last Jedi I found myself (for the first time in a SWs movie) looking at my watch waiting for the end. I know Episode IX has a lot of plots and stories to tie up and I really hope theyve focused on that then fill the film with a lot of things it doesn't need.

I dont want to hit the 2hr 45min mark and find myself looking at my watch lol.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Watching the first three episodes of The Mandalorian has me wondering if JJ and the Episode IX crew are feeling any added pressure seeing as the show is getting a really positive response from the fanbase.

I was a little underwelmed with Episodes VII and VIII but The Mandalorian has exceeded all my expectations......I really hope Episode IX does the same.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I just watched the clip of the flying Troopers from TROS and it seems JJ and Lucasfilm seem to be releasing a few more sneak peaks.....I didn't think JJ liked to do that, fingers crossed they're not worried
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I know it's crazy to read up on SWs leaks but I found myself reading some regarding Episode IX.

It's not the leaks I found interesting but the comments......why are so many people reacting badly to Rey taking the Skywalker name (supposedly) at the end of the film. Calling it a case of SJW influencing SW is nuts in my opinion.

If Rey is somehow related to the Emperor, I can totally see why she would want to distance herself from the most hated man in the galaxy and aline herself with the Skywalkers. So many people were calling for her to be either Luke or Leias offspring ever since TFA and this way she carries on the name along with having a murky family lineage.....to me it's not Social Justice Warriors trying to affect a movies plot but a film company trying to make a good, interesting movie.

I have zero problem with it at all if its how the movie ends...infact I quite like it.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Frankly, anyone who starts with the argument that something is "...a case of SJW influencing SW..." is doing us a favour by pretty much telegraphing their position and philosophies on life, doing us the convenient favour of making it easy to ignore anything that comes after such a statement.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:09 am Frankly, anyone who starts with the argument that something is "...a case of SJW influencing SW..." is doing us a favour by pretty much telegraphing their position and philosophies on life, doing us the convenient favour of making it easy to ignore anything that comes after such a statement.

I'm getting sick of people coming up with stupid reasons to say negative things about SW.......it used to be good to hear different fans reactions to films, either good or bad, that didn't have some crappy hidden agender.

SWs before the Internet was a much better place lol dealing with clickbait and the way people can say ridiculous things behind a keyboard is really bringing things down.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... d=12292332

Not a good sign a week before the movie is to be released.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Movies have been watched for homework yesterday. Ready for Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker tonight!
Attachments
IMG_8265ig.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Admin note: full on post-viewing spoilers will be appearing below this point!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I was really happy walking out of the cinema, it was much better than I thought it would be....the story was pretty run of the mill for an Abrams movie but still really enjoyable and packed with great visuals and action.

It's a big ask for anyone to wrap up a story like the Skywalker Saga and all in all I think they did a good job. I would have liked to have seen more of R2 than 3PO and was a little disappointed that Anakin didn't appear as a force ghost but this is still my favourite Episode of the Disney Skywalker films.