Star Wars: Clone Wars

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Nah, I don't mean Dave Filoni's long-running series. I mean Genndy Tartakovsky's microseries.

I was always a fan, as it was pretty dynamic and, well... different. But it seems it wasn't all that loved, given how quickly it was forgotten (even a few years after it screened, let alone now, well over a decade later).

Did anyone else enjoy it?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars

Post by Archon Revuge »

Harvey Mushman wrote:Did anyone else enjoy it?
Absolutely! I dug the stylised action, and always thought Grievous was far better executed in the micro-series than in RotS. My only complaint was how difficult it was to track down the DVD volumes in NZ.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Agreed, the General seemed gnarly in the series, yet was a total flake in Sith, but I digress… it's been a decade since I'm moaned 'bout the prequels!

I always loved the figures, but finding 'em was harder than finding a '95 Boba with half circles!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Harvey Mushman wrote:I always loved the figures, but finding 'em was harder than finding a '95 Boba with half circles!
The stylised figures? Yeah, they were pretty awesome. There are actually a couple of packs of the villains and heroes up on TradeMe at the moment.

Personally, I always hankered after the realistic Durge with his Swoop Bike.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Archon Revuge wrote:The stylised figures.
Those figures are so, so rad!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Speaking of Clone Wars:
Last edited by Harvey Mushman on Wed May 25, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I'm sure Kristy will chime in. Her collecting and costuming owes a lot to that series.

Image Image Image Image
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Speaking of collectibles, we've got many of the items released from Gentle Giant and all the Hasbro characters (but not all variants). Here are a few pics of the GG stuff...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Don't seem to have many photos of the Hasbro CW figures. Might have to remedy that.

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Absolutely adore it! Having discovered Star Wars with Episode 2, the micro series was the first new Star Wars content that came out after, in those days of the online Hyperspace club on StarWars.com. Collected everything I could from it - character keys, advertising posters, ornaments, action figures, maquettes - I've even managed to score a couple original hand drawn production panels, got a mug and T-shirt back when print-on-demand company Zazzle had a Clone Wars image gallery. I just rewatched my dvds the other day - would be awesome to see the full series in a blu-ray set. I need to photograph more of my collection, a lot of it is carefully stored away. Strangely still missing some of the last action figures released and a couple of the maquettes (on my Celebration shopping list for sure).

Our daughter is a huge General Grievous fan, and has always preferred him in the micro series to ROTS - he takes down quite a few jedi in the cartoon!

Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB