'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Armante
Commander
Commander

Re: 'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

Post by Armante »

Harvey Mushman wrote:For me, the final episode had me asking even more questions; but, still, it was good.

I'm not so sure on the "sabercopters", though.
Really enjoyed the second half of the season. Quite serious and more grown up.

And I'm with you on the sabercopters. Bit of a cop-out, really ;)
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Harvey Mushman wrote:For me, the final episode had me asking even more questions; but, still, it was good.

I'm not so sure on the "sabercopters", though.
Fly.jpg
Fly.jpg (58.63 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
(I don't know who to credit for this amazing piece, sorry.)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I could buy the new 8th Brother Inquisitor having that ability as something unique to him, but it is strange to see the other Inquisitors suddenly doing it as well, especially when it's something that would have been useful many times in past episodes. Strange choice. It gave us some cool visuals, but I could have done without it.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Reverend Strone wrote:Wow, what a finale. I have so many questions! From an art direction point of view, there isn't a better looking show on tv, animated or live action.
agreed! just saw this at last. Beautiful animation and very enjoyable. I loved not knowing what was going to happen. None of the characters felt particularly 'safe' from death except maybe ezra which added a lot of tension to the ep. Great job!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

oota goota wrote:...I loved not knowing what was going to happen. None of the characters felt particularly 'safe' from death...
And this continues leading in to season 3. Very hard to know how they'll bridge it with existing material and keep it satisfying, but I do look forward to finding out.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:
oota goota wrote:...I loved not knowing what was going to happen. None of the characters felt particularly 'safe' from death...
And this continues leading in to season 3. Very hard to know how they'll bridge it with existing material and keep it satisfying, but I do look forward to finding out.
that's good to know MG. I'm sure they'll do a great job. More than any other post OT production I think they've managed to blend the OT the PT and EU together AND keep that star warsy feel. Looking forward to season 3!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

With news of the Rebels Season 2 home video release this August, I am curious to learn whether NZ retailers will be stocking the BluRay this year, having snubbed it last year and forcing many of us to look overseas for it. Here's hoping someone local decides to stock it.

Here are the details again, for anyone who hasn't seen them, yet ...

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Two delivers all 22 action-packed episodes of the hit CG animated series’ second season, plus exclusive, never-before-seen bonus material on DVD and even more exclusive footage on Blu-ray! Available August 30, this thrilling continuation of the Star Wars Rebels saga depicts the continued efforts of the crew of the starship Ghost to defeat the evil Empire.

Bonus Features:

Blu-ray:

From Apprentice to Adversary: Vader vs. Ahsoka (Exclusive to Blu-ray) – Executive Producer Dave Filoni reflects on the climactic ending of the season, when Ahsoka Tano finally confronts Darth Vader in a long-awaited, fierce and epic lightsaber battle.
All DVD Bonus (see below)

DVD:

Connecting the Galaxy: Rebels Season Two – Uncover hidden references, easter eggs and connections to the Star Wars universe found throughout the season.
Rebel Recons – Blast off with 20 fun, fast-paced episode recons, featuring behind-the-scenes footage, interviews with cast and crew, and more!
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

1st clip from season 3 has shown up on this weeks "Star Wars Show". It's 2 minutes long & looks really good, though I hardly recognised one of the regular characters. :?

Clip starts at 3'40"

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Eng76 wrote:...though I hardly recognised one of the regular characters. :? ...
Kanan looks like an ugnaught now?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

So, new saber for Ezra in addition to his new look, and dude is using lethal force to take down Stormtroopers, now. I notice Sabine has repainted her armour again, and Zeb had some changes to his costume, as well. It looks like Ezra is on a dark path, alright.