Armageddon Expo Props Rules

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Armageddon Expo Props Rules

Post by Bartheda »

Hey hey everyone,

Just got done reading this https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Weapons-Policy/ about the rules for bringing props to Armageddon.
Looks like I won't be able to bring my Lightsaber anymore which sucks.
What do you all think about this one?

May the Force be with you.
Last edited by Bartheda on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Re: Armageddon Expo Props Rules

Post by Blaxmyth »

Ummm, I know I'm old and easily confused..... but is the link the correct one? :)
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

whoopsie daisy, fixed now my bad.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

wow I don't know what to make of that policy......it's a brave new world I guess :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

oota goota wrote:wow I don't know what to make of that policy......it's a brave new world I guess :)
It must be from the trump administration :D
It's a great way to suck the fun out of wanting to have a great experience with a sci fi character or fantasy creature in a photo.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

badges2nz wrote:
oota goota wrote:wow I don't know what to make of that policy......it's a brave new world I guess :)
It's a great way to suck the fun out of wanting to have a great experience with a sci fi character or fantasy creature in a photo.
Hahaha so true
I don't think anyone here doesn't want a convention to be nice safe place for everyone but I don't think these kinds of rules help.
I would also like to see what kinds of rules and moves they are taking to help/protect the girls who are getting inappropriately touched during these events as I hear it happens more often than I hear. (I don't have any lady cosplay friends so I can't say one way or another but any is to much).
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Bartheda wrote:
badges2nz wrote:
Hahaha so true
I don't think anyone here doesn't want a convention to be nice safe place for everyone but I don't think these kinds of rules help.
I would also like to see what kinds of rules and moves they are taking to help/protect the girls who are getting inappropriately touched during these events as I hear it happens more often than I hear. (I don't have any lady cosplay friends so I can't say one way or another but any is to much).
I agree with you there, I haven't seen it personally but have heard of a few instances.
In general most of the people at these events are really good, its just a small number of those who ruin it for everyone else.
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

I have been struggling to find the motivation to get back into making some cosplay ever since finding out about these damn rules.
Any advice?
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Bartheda wrote:I have been struggling to find the motivation to get back into making some cosplay ever since finding out about these damn rules.
Any advice?
Whatever happens don't let rules like this for an event squash your motivation to create.
Make what you want and show case it, but in the event of going to a function like Armageddon you might have to tweak your weaponry, explore rubber casting etc try a different avenue.
Stay positive and be as creative as you can be, treat it like a test.
Make something that will serve its purpose but fit in the rules of that particular event.