Custom Jawa style Ion rifle.

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Custom Jawa style Ion rifle.

Post by vctrsone »

I recently came accross an extremely rusty and depreciated old SMLE Rifle circa:1898 made in Shirley England for the boar war. it was missing a lot of parts including its bolt and firing pin. Still even without these parts and the rust it could be considered a legal firearm, so I followed a guide on how to decommission a one of these rifles and followed that to a t destroying the bullet seat, removing the loading mechanisims and drilling holes in the firing chamber and barrel...making it useless for repair even to a talented gun smith. Id also like to point out that the gun had been highly modified for sporting and was in no way good as a muesium piece.

Some of these pictures are terrible...blame my phone and me for not picking up a decent camera for builds.

Anyway onto the fun stuff!....The style...I decided I would use the original Jawa Ion blaster as a guide rather than a set of rules. this Rifle isnt exactly the model that they used in a new hope anyway but it is of the same family. With that in mind i decided i would use my favourite mediums of brass and copper (I blame dad for this).

I wanted it to be a full sized ion rifle...as if this is what the jawa might have modded to fit their tiny hands and arms.Barrel shortened and and a few holes drilled and tapped.

I went to town in the scrap metal bins looking for little bits and pieces to combine into what i needed.

A new slide bolt cover and the tube that will will connect my battery pack in the stock to the led and sound card further up the rifle.

im not sure what this is meant to be but I like to think its the ion rifles power cell. I have actually recycled it from one of my past steam punk computer case builds..this was a functional water cooler for the cpu..but the pump died and i went back to air for the cooling. the little spring fits in under bolt cover and will have a diffused plastic rod down the middle with a blue led to give the effect of some sort of energy bullet in there.

Next up i put together a few bits for the barrel.It will have a 5w Blue led fitting the end there..maybe with some sort of glass over the front for the lends..not sure on that yet.

Anyway here it is with all the bits on loosely. Nothing finished here and all the parts have only been roughly fitted yet..havent even started to tidy up anything so no judging yet :)

The plan is to have the sound card out of my previous general grievous blaster I had just modded and painted. Now it will power a much better prop altho I am going to upgrade it to a li-po laptop battery for even greater run time.
Maker of stuffs and things.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Custom Jawa style Ion rifle.

Post by vctrsone »

reserving the first few spots for the rest of the build cheers.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

parking spot reserved :)
quiet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by quiet »

vctrsone wrote:havent even started to tidy up anything so no judging yet :)
Nope, I'm judging you straight away. That is a gorgeous build.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

quiet wrote:
vctrsone wrote:havent even started to tidy up anything so no judging yet :)
Nope, I'm judging you straight away. That is a gorgeous build.
Lmfao. Of course! but nah it will get a lot better! To be honest im kinda biting at the bit to get back into it on monday when im in the workshop again...My mrs doesnt like me grinding and and not in the living room.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Lmfao. Of course! but nah it will get a lot better! To be honest im kinda biting at the bit to get back into it on monday when im in the workshop again...My mrs doesnt like me grinding and and not in the living room.[/quote]

This is a nice build, plus with your comment on working in the living room :D I can totally understand.
In our old house my wife built me a nice little work shop to take my noise and mess out of the house.
I look forward to more progress pics.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.