Anovos TX build(s) by Tested.com

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Anovos TX build(s) by Tested.com

Post by Eng76 »

A quick look at some of the Anovos Star Wars helmets (some looking good, others not so)

Followed by part 1 of a build tutorial for an Anovos TX (actually 2). I'm a big fan of the guys at Tested.com they strike just the right balance of information and geeking out for me. Most of the videos they put together seem to have a really good, finished look. This has potential to be one of their great video series.

I am quite jealous of the tools they are using, I can appreciate how much time I could have saved.

[youtube]OFbBs9M0cqw[/youtube]
Postie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Anovos TX build(s) by Tested.com

Post by Postie »

Couldn't help but notice they were missing the most important tools.
1: Box of beers
2: skill saw
3: large angle grinder (with concrete cutting disk)

On a slightly more serious note man these guys have a TON of stuff up for pre order,I'm keen to see how the final products stack up.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

There's no question that they're producing quality work.

My biggest hang up is the fact that nobody (aside from the 501st and the TFA suits) has really received any product as yet and therefore we don't have anything to compare and say, ah yes, this is quality stuff coming from their factory to homes.

All we're seeing is pristine, floor display ready props that we all know is always made to look at it's best.

Once I see the final, "general public" product, then I'll pull the trigger.

My concern is that they're taking hundreds if not thousands of orders and still no once has received anything yet.

It almost feels like ANOVOS are taking orders as part of their "kickstart" to get things moving which I feel is never a good way to do business.

And they still don't have a license for NZ or AUS. :(

---:WINGE COMPLETE:---
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

fredstar wrote:There's no question that they're producing quality work.

My biggest hang up is the fact that nobody (aside from the 501st and the TFA suits) has really received any product as yet and therefore we don't have anything to compare and say, ah yes, this is quality stuff coming from their factory to homes.

All we're seeing is pristine, floor display ready props that we all know is always made to look at it's best.

Once I see the final, "general public" product, then I'll pull the trigger.

My concern is that they're taking hundreds if not thousands of orders and still no once has received anything yet.

It almost feels like ANOVOS are taking orders as part of their "kickstart" to get things moving which I feel is never a good way to do business.

And they still don't have a license for NZ or AUS. :(

---:WINGE COMPLETE:---
Fair points, all.
I think it is nice to see some variety coming into the market, other than eFX. I am happy to wait and see for the quality As to people making deposits with nothing to show, you wouldn't catch me doing it but it's not my money.

No NZ licence is the biggest issue...
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Oh and on a side note:

On the White Armor forums:

ANOVOS have promised to replace TFA helmets that were bad, either cracking or warped due to a bad cure.

That's not exactly a great start.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

fredstar wrote:Oh and on a side note:

On the White Armor forums:

ANOVOS have promised to replace TFA helmets that were bad, either cracking or warped due to a bad cure.

That's not exactly a great start.
wow really? Man I'm surprised that bad casting would even make it out of the workshop :blink:
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

fredstar wrote:My concern is that they're taking hundreds if not thousands of orders and still no once has received anything yet.

That's exactly what it is, right?

I hate that way of business, as it can so easily become vapourware.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

I would be interested in a vader helmet from them for trooping in but all the points noted above has made me a bit cautious about a purchase from them at the moment.
unless I could walk in and purchase from them direct I would wait and see.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

Part 2 now available - really weird strapping system

[youtube]beaHxW5o-uw[/youtube]