A new Bounty Hunter-Shae Vizla The Old Republic

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
mdb
Captain
Captain

Re: A new Bounty Hunter-Shae Vizla The Old Republic

Post by mdb »

New range finder cut and glued today. This time it is definitely PVC, could smell it as the rotary tool cut through. It also tended to burn rather than gum up.. ;) So more bleeding seams.

I need a tiny bit more resin but I had an unexpected mini crisis today, end result is I spent all my credits on necessities rather than fun stuff.

I did reorganise my workroom yesterday. So nice to work with space and a floor that is grey not greyish with dust.

No photos to update as it has been a tiring day. But I do have acetone. So stinky times in the morning and then some sewing during the day. I hope.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

When PB fixes that thumbnail, that is my new set of belts hanging on my form. Tomorrow I put eyelets in the lacing holes in the back and glue leather strapping through the fronts and then the buckle over that. There may be more holes and eyelets to allow my blasters to hold in place as well as pouches and random gold strapping.

Mess! That was the day of sanding and today, contrary to what West Auckland thought, was a day or painting. Seriously. The big cloud in the morning came across just as I had put boiler suit on and set up in the sun... And I saw the clouds were pretty much on this side of the city mostly. hrmph.
I even had to put the fan and oil heater on in my work room to start the process as it was so wet my breath was condensating in the air. It was all of what 13 degrees? So hardly cold enough. Just freaking wet.

But paint happened and I get to sand back a few imperfections tomorrow then blast all the pieces all over again and start gluing strapping in :)

I also grabbed some pieces of toy guns I had cut apart and filled with scrap FG and resin:
These were from the Aether and Ion event in April. I would feel bad about getting two but hey, I, once again, was costume judge and got to hand out delicious prizes I wasn't allowed to keep ;) So I think a couple of dollar shop toy guns was fair trade for me to be able to go make stuff :)
The guns have been cut down to that horizontal line and then a curved shape front and back to support the pipe.
The pipe has a sleeve made from some more pipe cut and heated to slip over and add a little extra dimension. The photo is on my camera proper so I'll try and upload it tonight.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

looks great as always MDB :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thanks Jon :) I was still really learning with those belts, I've gotten better since but I do not have the time to redo the belts just now :) I probably will for Auckland Armageddon :)
I wound up spending way too much time today doing this. I really wanted to make my own grip but I have no more foam PVC and or resin! But I did remove the trigger guard and made a crescent shaped trigger to keep the blasters as clearly BH as possible (like the Westars-, and funnily enough my GG Leia blaster has one as well).

The range finder was painted silver and Rub 'n' Buffed with gold. It's still confusing as to what are her actual colours. In the Blur model it's all a range of silver, in the conect and figures she has more gold and bronze pieces and then there is the 2D promotional art...
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

a) foot covers (still in pieces, that long stick is for the top strapping)
b) Greaves
c) knees
d) thighs
e) belt and accessories stuck to belt
f) gauntlets
g) upper arm accessories (rounds, mini displays, extra gas for flamethrowers and buckle things)
h) torso armour and jetpack including hone connector and gas tank (minus hose.. it's a hose)
i) helmet and visor and rangefinder
j) blasters.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

That's awesome to see all the armour/greeblie components laid out like that - so many pieces! It all look amazing :D
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you XD

So many pieces... so many... Well despite having to check my carry on luggage in (drop off at end of air walk pick up same spot at next airport) which held my helmet and torso armour (as well as gauntlets and other smaller items packed inside the helmet) Shae is back home in the same number of pieces as she left! yay! I may have needed medical intervention on the teeny tiny jet from DFW to SFO because I didn't want to be one of Those Angry passengers...

Many thanks to Matt and Kristy for their help and hosting and taking many awesome images (I think all but one linked here) :)

Image Image Image

And so then in character I got to Shoot All The Things! Bounty Hunters, can't take them anywhere:
Image Image Image
For Balmorra and Belsavis! That is the famous Roxy. So glorious.

And met amazing people:

And stormed the Rebels:

Took over the Imperials:

Took a taxi, er, speeder to Endor:

And eventually was caught and repackaged:

More people shared on Facebook but it is being a pain to deal with but I have been able to get a few shared to my page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michaela-de-Bruce
though they are intersperced with a few rants about the flights back and other projects :)

I still need to harvest in progress photos from a few cameras so will try and do a progress update.

I have just bought more material to redo the chest and back plates, saving up for replacement bodysuit too :)

Oh and in case you didn't notice, it's pretty fun in Shae's shoes. So much fun. Except in the Marriott elevators.
vctrsone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by vctrsone »

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Great looking photos too!
Maker of stuffs and things.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you :) To celebrate unlocking twi'lek as a species I wore my Darth Talon headpiece with an on the fly headwrap and my armour to wander around Armageddon:
Old Republic bounty hunter by Matt & Kristy, on Flickr
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Such an awesome combination! Love the lekku with armour :D

*trying not be tempted to roll another twi'lek toon*
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB