Any interest in NZ made tk boots?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Any interest in NZ made tk boots?

Post by oota goota »

they look awesome. Think they'll get approval? :D
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

oota goota wrote:they look awesome. Think they'll get approval? :D
That heel counter stitching could be a hurdle - the tread is closer to a clone than a TK, but painted black might be ok?
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Oh hey just had a thought - I am after a pair of Jackboots and a local source would help Imperial Pilots, Rebel Pilots and Scruffy Nerdherders alike :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

fredstar wrote:These look pretty cool ;)

http://www.protectorsafety.co.nz/servle ... uct=400114

These look just like my work boots only mine are black :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Hey all small update on this. I have found out who makes our boots at work. These are remarkably close to a Chelsea boot but have a zip rather than elastic and are a bit wider in the ankle. Anyway I will get in touch with them in a couple of months and see what they can do. The outfit is called McKinley's and I think they are based in Chch. Anyone heard of them?
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

oota goota wrote:Hey all small update on this. I have found out who makes our boots at work. These are remarkably close to a Chelsea boot but have a zip rather than elastic and are a bit wider in the ankle. Anyway I will get in touch with them in a couple of months and see what they can do. The outfit is called McKinley's and I think they are based in Chch. Anyone heard of them?
Yep, my son's a boot/shoe repairer and he speaks very highly of McKinley's. I've got an older pair - very high quality all round.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Blaxmyth wrote:
oota goota wrote:Hey all small update on this. I have found out who makes our boots at work. These are remarkably close to a Chelsea boot but have a zip rather than elastic and are a bit wider in the ankle. Anyway I will get in touch with them in a couple of months and see what they can do. The outfit is called McKinley's and I think they are based in Chch. Anyone heard of them?
Yep, my son's a boot/shoe repairer and he speaks very highly of McKinley's. I've got an older pair - very high quality all round.
nice! It might end up a bit pricey but I've seen their boots up close too and they do look very well made. I'll get in touch with them one day soon after a few projects get finished up :)