Female stormtrooper armour build

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Female stormtrooper armour build

Post by oota goota »

Hey all

Like an itch I have been unable to stop scratching I have been working on a set of female stormtrooper armour forms after seeing the most excellent Jes Gistang statue.

Rather than trying to do a copy of this statue I wanted to make something that would be closer to a regular set of TK armour, the idea being to make a set of armour that would fit the female form better than the standard armour. With that in mind and with the help of the Glasgow as consultants I decided to make the following:

A chest and ab plate like the statue
A modified backplate and lower back
An entirely new set of groin and butt plates that were a kind of hybrid of a few different things
A modified helmet sculpt that would scale to the armour better and avoid the 'bobble head' effect that a larger tk can sometimes create

The arms and legs we decided would work well in the tk style, just a lot of trimming required.
Attachments
213327331.jpg
213327331.jpg (323.49 KiB) Viewed 9956 times
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Female stormtrooper armour build

Post by oota goota »

Here are a few WIPS of the new forms I wont bore everyone with pics of the tk armour bits.

I used scaled up measurements and a set of existing femtrooper armour to arrive at the look I've got so far. I have had to change a few things along the way as the Jes statue appears to be of a at least 6 ft Amazon type woman :) Some of the dimensions just didn't work with what I was trying to do but my hope is that the armour will retain a sense of elongation, we'll see.

They are all pretty much ready to go (butt and groin need a few more hours work) for a test pull to see how things go together.

Biggest thanks and aroha to Matt and Kristy for all their help and advice and to Craigorski for the donation of some unused forms that I was able to use as a base to carve into (you saved me many many hours of labour dude!)
Attachments
CAM00193 (800x693).jpg
CAM00193 (800x693).jpg (257.32 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
CAM00192 (800x673).jpg
CAM00192 (800x673).jpg (306.29 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
CAM00186 (800x667).jpg
CAM00186 (800x667).jpg (270.37 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
CAM00187 (800x652).jpg
CAM00187 (800x652).jpg (288.4 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

Post by PitYak Studios »

There can never be too much of this in the world
Painter
Sculptor
Costumier
Maker-of-Things(I made that)

If you like my stuff please Like my page!

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

PitYak Studios wrote:There can never be too much of this in the world
:woot:
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

XD Sadly this will not work for me, or I'd be setting aside money. I have hips and ribs of extreme width and waist of smallness. I'd look like a white out traffic cone ;)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

mdb wrote:XD Sadly this will not work for me, or I'd be setting aside money. I have hips and ribs of extreme width and waist of smallness. I'd look like a white out traffic cone ;)
:D sorry to hear that mdb! I am going to do this in a gloss black too
Craigorski
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Craigorski »

Good to see those forms were useful for something.

I think kevin weir over in the clone forums is doing a similar project. Maybe communication between yourselves could end up with similar forms made here and stateside?

Good stuff :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Craigorski wrote:Good to see those forms were useful for something.

I think kevin weir over in the clone forums is doing a similar project. Maybe communication between yourselves could end up with similar forms made here and stateside?

Good stuff :)
Hey man yeah I found his thread on whitearmour. I've posted a message but don't want to hijack his thread :).

I think his armour is going to be much closer to the JG statue with lots of clone elements etc. Although from what I can gather he is also tending to move towards a more tk look with some of his forms but I'm planning to use standard tk elements for the arms and legs to keep the armour closer to the tk look

I'm hoping that this armour will fit a range of heights and dimensions like standard tk armour we'll see!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

here's a quick (ok blurry) pic of a test pull of the chest plate. Overall Id have to say it's looking pretty good. I'm going to test on a few friends to see if it sits properly. There's a couple of blemishes to sand out otherwise should be ok
Attachments
CAM00204 (800x792).jpg
CAM00204 (800x792).jpg (218.11 KiB) Viewed 9881 times
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Looking good :) will be great to see more female troopers out there
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.