Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by Bazzack »

Hi, Barry here.

I'm a Star Wars fan from way back but I really only got into the collecting buzz when ep3 was released.
I've since then pulled a decent sized collection of action figures and vehicles together.

Over the last 2 years I've gradually been cutting parts of my collection back to finance replica lifesize prop building.
Two and a bit years on I'm still working on my first one but I'm loving the process and can't see myself giving it up any time soon.

As with Matt, the slowing down of action figure purchasing hasn't helped the financial side of my Star Wars habit. R2 has definitely taken his toll on my wallet ;)

Here's my little buddy at Auckland Armageddon 09 :
R2 at Armageddon09 cropped.jpg
R2 at Armageddon09 cropped.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey Barry - good to have you on board.

You've done a fantastic job on your R2, and that's a great photo...all the overhead lights gleaming off the shiny new surfaces looks awesome.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote:Hey Barry - good to have you on board.

You've done a fantastic job on your R2, and that's a great photo...all the overhead lights gleaming off the shiny new surfaces looks awesome.
Thanks alot Matt. Your R2 and build technique really helped me alot with my build (not to mention the frame rings and paint). And thanks for starting this forum up, it looks like it'll be a great resource.

Um, funny you mentioned the photo since I snatched that "great photo" off your flicker pics and cropped it :D.......hope ya don't mind.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bazzack wrote:...
Um, funny you mentioned the photo since I snatched that "great photo" off your flicker pics and cropped it :D.......hope ya don't mind.
LOL, I didn't notice (and of course I don't mind).

Have you taken any more pics, or done any work on him since Geddon? Or...have you gone and started on one of the other droids you've been planning?
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote: LOL, I didn't notice (and of course I don't mind).

Have you taken any more pics, or done any work on him since Geddon? Or...have you gone and started on one of the other droids you've been planning?
I've taken a few pics, but nothing too spectacular. I'll put some build info up on a new thread when I get some time.
I'm in the process of changing the foot drives to take shorter belts as the other setup was slipping when on inclines or with any extra strain on the drive train from carpet or fast acceleration.

I've also started work on an Aluminium dome but progress is slow. The other projects will probably take a back seat until I get that stuff done.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hey Barry, that R2 looks brilliant! What other projects do you have in the pipeline?
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Archon Revuge wrote:Hey Barry, that R2 looks brilliant! What other projects do you have in the pipeline?
Thanks Dan. I have plans of building a Clone Wars style R2, and a R5 head for my current R2D2 so that I have the option of both types of droid.

Apart from that there's plenty of gadgets/appendages and electronic 'stuff' I'd like to add to my aluminium R2 over time.

......oh, and then there's the Dalek, but that's a wee bit off topic aye ;)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bazzack wrote: ......oh, and then there's the Dalek, but that's a wee bit off topic aye ;)
:w00t:

I can't wait to see that one!
acerimmerrocks
Ensign
Ensign

Post by acerimmerrocks »

Hi Keith from Invercargill here.

I have been collecting Star Wars toys since I was about 10 years old. Now 13 years on having a job and all that i have quite a large collection mainly of 3 3/4 figures and vehicles and comics. I also collect a few other toy lines such as Transformers and comic book figures.

This year has been pretty rough with collecting one incident making me nearly quit, but I am glad I stuck it out and im happy I still am. I m glad there is now somewhere for fellow collectors to meet up and talk about collecting in NZ and hope to stick around for quite awhile and make some new friends.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi Keith; good to see you here. :)