Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by Anaria »

Tirenus wrote:...I found some great tutorials for Jedi Robes and Tunics on the Rebel Legion Forums (Am I allowed to state other forums here?), so just reading through them, I think I might tackle a Jedi robe first. Has anyone made their own Robe and have any hints?, I'm off to Spotlight on the Weekend to check out material. I ordered Boots from the United States earlier this week as well, so the transformation begins....
Hi, and welcome to the forums :)

Over the years I have made 7 jedi costumes (5 for myself, 2 for my daughter), a jedi knight was my very first costume :) For fabric, I look for something natural in both appearance and fibre. For my tunics I like using cotton fabrics, as these iron nicely for tabbards/sash etc, giving a nice crisp look. I haven't made a hooded robe myself yet - I had a full wool robe custom made for me by a seamstress in the US (was too expensive to purchase wool fabric locally) but I don't actually wear it often, the jedi costume has quite a few layers already without the robe! Feel free to start a thread to track your ideas and progress :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Tirenus wrote:...(Am I allowed to state other forums here?)...
Most definitely. We're all about pointing people in the direction of useful resources as appropriate. There are many of us here who are costumers, and many who spend time on other forums including the Rebel Legion ones.
Tirenus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tirenus »

Thanks for all the tips, I think I will start a thread and post my progress costume wise.

I'll admit I was apprehensive joining up to the forum, as sometimes on other Forums you see the new members being chastised for asking a lot of questions and being a newbie, but its very appreciated how welcoming you've all been. I will be at Auckland Armageddon later in the year and I genuinely look forward to hopefully meeting you guys.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Tirenus wrote:Thanks for all the tips, I think I will start a thread and post my progress costume wise.

I'll admit I was apprehensive joining up to the forum, as sometimes on other Forums you see the new members being chastised for asking a lot of questions and being a newbie, but its very appreciated how welcoming you've all been. I will be at Auckland Armageddon later in the year and I genuinely look forward to hopefully meeting you guys.
Don't ever feel like you can't ask questions, that is one of the most important ways we learn and find out how to do stuff like costume builds etc etc.
Also to help one another with maybe some difficult parts and problem solving to overcome the challenge of completing your first costume.
Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums. :D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Brayden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Brayden »

Hello everyone! :)
As you can probably read my name is Brayden, and I have been a major fan of the Star Wars universe. I have and have watched all of the Star Wars movies, I've watched some of Clone Wars and Rebels and I have even watched some episodes of the old Clone Wars show from before Episode III.

I have read the first book in the Darth Bane trilogy and I have read all the short novel versions of the Star Wars movies. But this was from friends and the school library, so I plan on starting my own proper Star Wars book collection soon. If I start now I should have a considerable amount of the books before I leave for university (which is about 4 years from now, I'm only Year 9 so I'm only 13).

I joined these forums to find other people in New Zealand who are interested in Star Wars, because in my short 13 years of life I have only met one other person who shares my passion of Star Wars (we are still to this day best friends). Anyway, I hope I enjoy my time on this forum and I hope I don't annoy you guys too much with the newbie questions I'll have :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Brayden wrote:I joined these forums to find other people in New Zealand who are interested in Star Wars, because in my short 13 years of life I have only met one other person who shares my passion of Star Wars (we are still to this day best friends). Anyway, I hope I enjoy my time on this forum and I hope I don't annoy you guys too much with the newbie questions I'll have :)
Welcome to the boards Brayden! You'll find everyone on here is very helpful, and eager to answer any of your questions!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Brayden wrote:...
I joined these forums to find other people in New Zealand who are interested in Star Wars...
Welcome; you're in the right place :)
Brayden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Brayden »

Thanks for the welcome guys :D
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Man, what a great time to become a fan!

Truly, you have so much to discover and enjoy, from the past and in the future.

Welcome to the Wars!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:Man, what a great time to become a fan!...
Indeed; it is quite a different experience, compared to "back in the old days".