Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by badges2nz »

ZY-Fighter wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I haven't even posted on FB how I feel about the TFA trailer...cos I can't find the words for my excitement! I haven't seen any eps of Rebels yet (my laptop is out of action thanks to cats nibbling the power cable) so I'm still hoping against hope we get it here.

Forgot to mention my fiancee has all three Lego SW games for 360, we both love 'em though she's not as into the movies as me. In fact i showed her the teaser for TFA (my second viewing) on Sunday night and at the end she said "That's it?"
Thats alright, I put on Return of the Jedi tonight and suddenly my wife started turning into her mother and telling me to turn the volume down, you kind of get that from the better halves these days. :D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums ZY :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

Hi guys, just realized I hadn't introed myself. My names Armin and I live near Feilding in the lower North Island. I first came across Star Wars on the old tv show 'Spot On' and from then on I was hooked! Although it was June 77 just after SW opened in late May that I first had a glimpse, we didn't get SW until Dec and boy it was a long wait!! Luckily for me my birthday fell in between those dates so I already had any SW merchandise available which at that time I think was only the Hildebrandt poster (which I still have and now framed behind uv glass) and the Sphere novelisation with it's colour pics in the middle. When the film finally arrived I ended up seeing it multiple times at the local cinema and never tired of it! My friends thought I was nuts lol.
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

'Spot On'! Now there's a flashback.

Anchorhead-Autos wrote:Although it was June 77 just after SW opened in late May that I first had a glimpse, we didn't get SW until Dec and boy it was a long wait!!
Man, the wait for movies to make their way to NZ was killer back then, wasn't it?!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

ZY-Fighter wrote: (my laptop is out of action thanks to cats nibbling the power cable)
Hows the mynock I mean the cat doing?
wanderlustin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wanderlustin »

Hey guys! I don't know why I haven't made an account here earlier (or maybe I have, and I just forgot about it...) but I'm Saf, also known as wanderlustin and flowercrownjedi online, I'm 20 & I live on the north shore of auck.
I grew up watching the OT on VHS, and then basically pretended I was a jedi my whole childhood, haha. I write for The Wookiee Gunner and Force Cult. I'm also working on getting my Leia costume up to being RL approvable at the moment in time for Celebration. (:
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hey Saf, welcome to the boards!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

wanderlustin wrote:...I grew up watching the OT on VHS, and then basically pretended I was a jedi my whole childhood...
You're very appropriately qualified then. Welcome to the boards.
wanderlustin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wanderlustin »

Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm qualified :P
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Welcome to the boards Saf! :leia: