Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
The Kiwi Jedi
Commander
Commander

Re: Introductions

Post by The Kiwi Jedi »

Welcome Saf. You will fit in well here.
Kmannzl
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Kmannzl »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie on these forums. I'm Kerry hailing from Christchurch. Long time reader, first time poster. My partner and I are long time fans and collectors of Star Wars items. My first memory of Star Wars is trading the cards that came in packs with bubble gum. Once you had the whole set, you could tape them all together and make a big poster.

My partner Mary and I are about to embark on our honeymoon to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. I gather from another popular topic on these forums that quite a few people on here are going too.

I have a TK armour build happening in my garage. It won't quite be finished before we leave for the states.

I've found lots to read on these forums. I appreciate all the time that your community puts in to them.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi Kerry - nice to have you on board, and great to hear that you'll be making it to Celebration!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Welcome to the boards Kerry! Best of luck with the TK build :)

:stormtrooper:
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Welcome!

See you in Anaheim, too!
Tirenus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tirenus »

Kia ora Everyone,

New to these fantastic Forums and wanted to introduce myself. I'm David, 37, and a long time fan of Star Wars. My Dad took me to see Return of the Jedi when it came out, we were lucky enough to have a movie marathon in Nelson and seen all three movies back to back. Since then its been a love affair!.
Currently residing in New Plymouth and working on my first Jedi costume, I'd like to make it myself but not very confident with the needle and thread, but there are some great tutorials I've seen so that will help if I take the plunge. I've never been in costume before, but was inspired by my nephew (who naturally is Star Wars obsessed) after I took him to Auckland Armageddon last year, he wants us to go as Jedi this year, so that's what I'm working towards.
As for my name, its inspired from two characters from the TV series 'Rome', I've had it in mind for a few years now, and now get to use it. I hope to get to know some of you better, would love to meet other fans in and around Taranaki too.
Cheers!.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey David; welcome to our forums. We've got a few members from around your part of the country - Phil recently posted about his troops down the road in Wanganui here, and Archon Revuge is from NP, IIRC.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:...Archon Revuge is from NP, IIRC.
Sure am! I'm living down in Wellington these days, but I head back up to NP on a regular basis to visit my family. Will have to catch up some time Tirenus!
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

Hi David.

Nice to hear of another fan in the area. It'd be great to catch up with you sometime, and I'll let you know when we head up your way.

Cheers, Phil
Tirenus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tirenus »

Thanks all, and Blaxmyth, I read your Trooping in Wanganui Thread, the photos are great!.

I found some great tutorials for Jedi Robes and Tunics on the Rebel Legion Forums (Am I allowed to state other forums here?), so just reading through them, I think I might tackle a Jedi robe first. Has anyone made their own Robe and have any hints?, I'm off to Spotlight on the Weekend to check out material. I ordered Boots from the United States earlier this week as well, so the transformation begins.

On a side note I help out at a local primary School here (My nephews go to it), and so far I've been a Pirate and a Genie for various School events. I mentioned to one of the Teachers about making a Jedi costume and I've already been requested for several more events at School. I also have a team in the Relay for Life each year, so next year I'm planning a Star Wars theme.

Have a happy Easter all!