Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Quinn81
Ensign
Ensign

"If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain"

Post by Quinn81 »

Hi There, my name's GQ I have been watching SWNZ for a number of years as its a pretty good forum/website and has even gotten better now with youtube videos. I have joined the facebook page and now have taken the leap into joining the forum. I'm 34 man-child, married with a three year old, two cats and a stupid pug (it's my wife's dog, more like a cat, I agreed at the time as I thought it would eventually talk) any way BIG star wars fan but missed out on the toys in the 80's as they were very hard to come by in Palmerston North. I was into G.I.Joe and TMNT but wore out VHS tapes from the video store (before DVD, DVD was before Blu-ray, Blu-ray was before downloading)

Any way much of my collection are in boxes, in the attic at the moment, mainly power of the force and figures from the newer three movies. This is because I am doing up my MANCAVE. my collecting had taken a bit of a back step and I was starting to lose interest until my wife got pregnant, when I found out I was having a boy I started to stock up. I buy mainly for him now but still a few for me, I have got some good vintage collection, black series and a couple of 30th anniversary. It hurts my insides as I know he will be opening the packets some day soon to play with at Birthday's and Christmas's (yes I am a mint on card collector)

From viewing the forums it seems like there are some really good people on it and some really good information and I feel I can contribute to this. Thanks for taking the time to read this, hit me up if you have any questions

GQ
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introductions

Post by MattG »

Welcome GQ :)

We always like it when the lurkers come out of the dark.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Welcome to the boards GQ!
Quinn81 wrote:...and a stupid pug (it's my wife's dog, more like a cat, I agreed at the time as I thought it would eventually talk).
Manksy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Manksy »

Hi everyone I'm Manksy, based in Wellington and a big fan.

Fave character: Jabba
Fave SW Quote: "Boring conversation anyway"
Fave ship: Star Destroyer
Least fave SW quote: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"

Thanks for having me on board!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Greetings Manksy of Wellington.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Welcome to our new members - great to have you here! :D
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

Hello everyone!

Sorry, never thought to say hello and introduce myself :)

I got my lifelong love affair with Star Wars when I first saw ANH on Dutch pirate TV, and started buying the toys around the time of ESB in 1980. I have a fair collection of older playsets and action figures, but mostly my collection consists of Sideshow Collectible sixth scale Troopers and clones, a lot of Lego SW minifigs, an eFX ESB TK helmet, an E-11 blaster by SDS (thank you my long-suffering darling wife!) and I've ordered a set of TK armour from Anovos.

I'm almost 44 but young at heart, a full-time stay-at-home dad to my amazing baby boy of 2, have a wonderful wife (see blaster above) and a Jack Russell dog. Life long gamer, photographer by profession.

I may have a mild Stormtrooper addiction.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome Armante :)
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

Armante wrote:I may have a mild Stormtrooper addiction.
Awesome!! :D

And welcome.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Eng76 wrote:
Armante wrote:I may have a mild Stormtrooper addiction.
Awesome!! :D ...
Yeah, we encourage that sort of thing around there :)