Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by Anaria »

Welcome to the boards Paul, William and Hugh, great to see you here :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

reelcollectibles wrote: That'd be nice Daniel, we're flying in Tuesday and out again Tuesday, so I guess either the Wednesday before madness or the Monday after might suit us best, but you know, us we'll go with whatever suits :)
Great. There's a chance we might not be around (trying to get an answer on that now) but if that's the case it's likely only to be over the weekend, so a week-day catch up could work well.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

reelcollectibles wrote:...Oh, and I run this wee store down here called Reel Collectibles ;)...
Hey Hugh - feel free to start a thread here on ReelCollectibles news & updates, as you've previously done on the other forums. :)
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

MattG wrote:
reelcollectibles wrote:...Oh, and I run this wee store down here called Reel Collectibles ;)...
Hey Hugh - feel free to start a thread here on ReelCollectibles news & updates, as you've previously done on the other forums. :)
Roger dodger.
Belakor
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Belakor »

Greetings all!

I see a few familiar faces... err names here, for those I don't know I'm Aaron from up here in Auckland.
Not really a Star Wars collector, or a collector of anything really. I've got a few 3 3/4" figures and some GG busts as well as other odd things like mugs and a couple of chess sets that I've picked up over the years but mostly I'm a builder of whatever little bits and pieces I might need to collect.

Been out of the SW loop for a while but I'm slowly getting back in to it now, since there are a few costumes that have been on the list for a while now that could be handy to have for a big event later in the year, plus there's a bunch of 3D weapon models I should really finish off :roll: and it could be handy to have people that know the source material more (much more) than I do for opinions and such :D
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Whoops, I did not see this thread :)

Kia ora all, I'm Michaela and I've been a fan of Star Wars since I can't remember. I do remember collecting all the cards from Return of the Jedi- a process that involved way too much of that nasty surgical pink "bubble" gum- sadly they disappeared a long time ago.

A lot of my appreciation for the prequels and the UE comes from art direction. I especially love the Clone Wars style.

I'm not much of a collector, but I do make stuff. My workshop is slightly scary and has far more fabric, paint and power tools than a sane woman needs. Star Wars was definitely one of my first inspirations for costuming. I do more recreation than original stuff right now as there are more opportunities to do so.
http://costumes.glitterweet.com

This costuming lark now means being a permanent fixture at Geddon as I run the cosplay contest for Bill. Which is a joy as well as a source of a lot of stress, but so worth it.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey Aaron and Michaela - nice to have you both on board. :)
angellsnz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by angellsnz »

Hello everyone,

My name is Angela and I have been a fan of SW for many years. I am not much of a collector but I have fond memories of dragging my sister to see Return of the Jedi, and thinking that Leia was the coolest princess and Han was just soo hansome!!

I am more of a media fan, and have many, many fandoms. I too like to costume, my skills are not up to the likes of MDB and Anaria, but I still enjoy it and find it frustrating in equal parts.

I am also part of the Cosplay Team (rules checker and all around girl Friday). I am hoping to cosplay a SW character at the end of the year. *fingers crossed*
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Welcome to the forums Aaron, Michaela and Angela :) Great to have you here :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey Ang, welcome aboard.