Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by farmboynz »

Hi

I'm Chad a few will recognise the farmboynz from other online forum
mainly a collectors of 3 3/4" figures and vehicles, been at it for a few years now started in 1983 then got the bug back again with POTF figures
based in Hamilton now, my wife has even let me convert a room into a "man cave" got most of my figures up on display will post some picture when it is done.
mainly collection is star wars but also collect 3 3/4" GI joe figures
great to see this up and running Matt
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

Sorry guy's should have posted an intro here first about me, so here goes!.
My name is Stu and I live in Tauranga, most of my life really and have never lost the Star wars bug to collect or construct. I have always built the hardware from the movies but only recently have become involved with the building and researching of the miniatures built by ILM for the saga!. I now build to Studio Scale (same size as the original models) and all that goes along with this aspect of the films.
I guess my collection is the tons of plastic model kits needed to construct these models, some very rare and some that have multiple copies. I will take resin castings of the rarer kits and use these parts to finish the models.
My current project is a 4 foot X-Wing fighter which features original machined parts in acrylic and metal and styrene details, I'm trying to finish this for end of July.
I'm lucky in one respect as a modeler in that my dad has a full engineering workshop and we have turned out quite a few presicion metal parts for clients around the world.
Kristy , love the costumes, you sure have some talent, very proffessional stuff indeed!.
MattG, that collection is awesome dude, and that Artoo, Wow.
See you on the boards guy's
Stu
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome to Stu and Chad. Good to have you signed in.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Hi guys, sorry not to have been on much in the past couple of weeks. I had a big freelance job on that was keeping me busy. Looks like we've got a great collecting community going here- some familar faces and a bunch of new ones. Nice to see some more Welly collectors signing up. I look forward to meeting you in person some time Dan.

Wow, you full scale builders out ther have my serious respect. I just dont know how you do it, or finance it! I'm pretty much restricted to small scale stuff, building customs and dios for my toy collection, which sadly is at present residing in boxes in the cupboard while we await construction of the toy room to begin - this year I swear it. But I admire and respect the full scalers out there, epscially you astromech engineers. That's amazing work. My daughter would love me to build her an R2-KT but somehow I don't think that's going to happen any time soon!

Anyways, nice to meet you all.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Welcome to the boards guys :) Great to meet other SW fans in NZ :)

:cantina:
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote: I look forward to meeting you in person some time Dan.

Ditto Daniel, it's always good to meet a fellow fan :)
Reverend Strone wrote: ...which sadly is at present residing in boxes in the cupboard...
I can empathise there. My collection is currently in storage back in my home town of New Plymouth while I do the whole uni flatting thing in Wellington :(
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:I look forward to meeting you in person some time Dan.
Actually, it looks like we might have unknowingly run into one another before. I was just reading through some of the archived SWNZ news items and saw that you were lined up early in the morning for the Clone Wars toy launch back in '08 too!
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkey »

Hi

My name is Paul and I have been collecting since about 1982, mainly the vintage figures and other bits that interest me.

To be honest I have not been seriously collecting for the past few years but having picked up some of the recent mighty muggs have found myself being drawn back in :D

Good to get on here and chat with some other fans

Cheers
Monkey
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey Paul; good to have you on board.

There's certainly tons of variety in the collectibles market these days...more than enough different options to please different tastes, and it only takes one purchase to start a new collection theme snowballing.
Monkey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkey »

I think the major problem at the moment is there is too much out there at the moment, I dont know what to start on first :?

Though maybe finally getting my collection out of my parents house and sorting it out may be a good start :D