District 9 Gun Replicas

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

District 9 Gun Replicas

Post by Reverend Strone »

This is off topic, and I wouldn't normally post stuff like this, but it might interest some of you guys here, and given the low edition sizes and good prices I figured I shoudl let you know in case these sell out quickly and folks miss their chance. Weta has just added preorders for District 9 1:1 gun replicas. They're just under $NZ800 each and an edition size of 200 per gun, so I'm betting they'll probably go fast. Here they are in case anyone here is interested in getting one:

ARC Generator

Gas Projector
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: District 9 Gun Replicas

Post by MattG »

That's a really good price for licensed replicas of this size, detail and edition size.
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

I agree, it is a very good price for these awesome prop replicas!. I wonder if they will accept a kidney as payment lol!.
Thanks for posting the pics.
Stu
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

LOL Kidney.

The ARC Gun is sold out but there are still some Gas projectors left. In the spirit of full disclosure, I should note I do work for Weta, though I don't get a cut or anything. ;)

Anyways, it's close to a mortal cerainty we'll be doing more now that these have been well received. There's a mailing list that you can subscribe or unsubscribe to as takes your fancy. I checked with the guy who runs the newsletter and hereassured me that anyone who chooses to unsubscribe won't continue to receive crap or anything - something I am always worried about when I sign up online.