WTB: Star Wars Micro Machines Vehicles

This section is for member-to-member 'for sale', 'wanted to buy' and trade listings for Star Wars collectibles and merchandise
Forum rules
The following prefixes are recommended for topic titles.
FS: For sale
FT: For trade
FA: For auction (eg, link to TradeMe auctions)
WTB: Wanted to buy
WTT: Wanted to trade
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: WTB: Star Wars Micro Machines Vehicles

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:We've still got a bunch stored away that aren't yet mounted in display cases. There are some doubles in there, IIRC...will have to try and remember where they are stored to check.
Thanks Matt, appreciate it :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Buzz Bumble wrote:... you might need to be more specific about the A-Wing since it comes in at least two different versions:
  • A-wing (green)
  • A-wing Starfighter (blue)
Huh, now that is something I was unaware of. I thought they only released a red one and a battle-damaged variant. You mean the little Galoob Micro Machines, right Buzz, or are you talking about another line?
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Reverend Strone wrote:
Buzz Bumble wrote:... you might need to be more specific about the A-Wing since it comes in at least two different versions:
  • A-wing (green)
  • A-wing Starfighter (blue)
Huh, now that is something I was unaware of. I thought they only released a red one and a battle-damaged variant. You mean the little Galoob Micro Machines, right Buzz, or are you talking about another line?
Those A-wings are from the newer Titanium series - I haven't gotten around to rechecking my older MicroMachines ones yet. The names are what is printed on the packagaing, but the colours I added for my own reference.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:...
Those A-wings are from the newer Titanium series...
I think it's just this line of Micro Machines that is the topic at hand (with the original red-deco and battle-damaged versions) - http://www.m2museum.com/StarWars/StarWarsOriginal.htm
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:
Buzz Bumble wrote:...
Those A-wings are from the newer Titanium series...
I think it's just this line of Micro Machines that is the topic at hand (with the original red-deco and battle-damaged versions) - http://www.m2museum.com/StarWars/StarWarsOriginal.htm
Ah, yes. Apologies for not making that clearer in my first post.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Buzz Bumble wrote: Those A-wings are from the newer Titanium series - I haven't gotten around to rechecking my older MicroMachines ones yet. The names are what is printed on the packagaing, but the colours I added for my own reference.
Ahh, cool. I should have realised. Thanks for clarifying, Buzz. :) Yes, those Titanium A-Wings were beautiful, and it was so cool to see them do a blue McQuarrie-colour scheme version. I very nearly got suckered into trying to collect all of that line when someone very kindly gave me some of the first wave. As I beheld their beauty in my clammy mitts the alarm bells were ringing in my head - new collection alert, new collection alert!!!!!!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I tend to see them as the same product line, sort-of like a "Series 1" and "Series 2". They are basically the same in terms of design, size, style, and even the same packagaing, just a different name by the new distributor. :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, I chose (partly as a self defense mechanism ;)) to treat them as completely distinct. While I was all in on the MMs, I didn't collect Titaniums because they were so much bigger, metal instead of plastic and more expensive. I do regret passing on them now as there were a handful that I would have really liked, but they're none too cheap now.
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

Just noticed this thread and it reminded me of three unopened 'books' I have had on the shelf for quite a while. Glad I never opened them.

Just grabbed a couple of shots with the cellphone, so please excuse the poor photos, but I thought you may be interested.

Phil
Attachments
cidImage_FOTD7F0.JPG
cidImage_FOTD7F0.JPG (279.14 KiB) Viewed 6763 times
cidImage_FOTBFC1.JPG
cidImage_FOTBFC1.JPG (267.81 KiB) Viewed 6763 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Awesome Blaxmyth. I always loved those sets. Unfortunately I didn't have the hindsight to retain the packaging. They'd make beautiful display pieces now!