WTB: Star Wars Micro Machines Vehicles

This section is for member-to-member 'for sale', 'wanted to buy' and trade listings for Star Wars collectibles and merchandise
Forum rules
The following prefixes are recommended for topic titles.
FS: For sale
FT: For trade
FA: For auction (eg, link to TradeMe auctions)
WTB: Wanted to buy
WTT: Wanted to trade
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

WTB: Star Wars Micro Machines Vehicles

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to fill the gaps in my collection of Star Wars Micro Machines vehicles and am looking to track down the following:

1. Cargo Skiff (Jabba's Skiff)

2. Imperial Lander

3. Mon Calamari Star Cruiser

Let me know if you've got any of these going spare, and I'll be happy to negotiate a price.

Cheers!
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: WTB: Star Wars Micro Machines Vehicles

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Sorry, I haven't got any of those spare ( I'm missing a couple of them too), but you might need to be more specific about the A-Wing since it comes in at least two different versions:
  • A-wing (green)
  • A-wing Starfighter (blue)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Thanks anyways Buzz. Always nice to meet another Star Wars Micro Machines collector :) I'll be happy with any A-Wing deco.
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I've got 70 of the small Titanium series ones (including one Battlstar Galactica Classic Viper), but I haven't yet gotten around to updating my checklist of the older Micro Machines ones. :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Nice! My collection of titanium vehicles is a lot further away from being complete, but they were a great series of collectibles. It's a real shame that there's been such a move away from miniaturised Star Wars vehicles.

I've got a few doubles of Star Wars Micro Machines (especially those from Episode I), so let me know if I can help fill any of those gaps.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I'm not sure which ones I'm missing. I need to find a good checklist, but partly thanks to Hasbro's usual ploy of re-painting and re-issuing, many of the online checklists are a bit vague and difficult to follow with differing names for the same item ... what's really needed is a pictorial checklist (although I'm not sure even that would hlpe with some of them), but then it would take six years for my dial-up connection to download it.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

It's certainly difficult finding an authoritative list. Rebelscum has some excellent scans of the packaging from the early sets, including an image of this cardback that (I believe) shows all of the OT sculpts released. They also have similar scans of cardbacks for the Shadows of the Empire and Epic Collections vehicles (though none for the Episode I line). These are what I've used to work out the holes in my own collection. (They should hopefully work on your connection too.)

You're right though, there are a number of variations and repaints that aren't featured on those lists - including the closed-wing version of the X-Wing fighter and the battle-damaged versions of a number of the starfighters.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Dang, I sold a bunch of my MMs only a short time ago. I wish had known you were in the market!

I can't help with Titaniums, but as far as Micro Machines resources and pictorial checklists go, I have found that between Micro Machines Museum, Action Fleet.Fr, and Micro Machines on Facebook, I have managed to get a good impression of what's out there. The thing with Micro Machines is of course that towards the end they started dropping new minis in with larger Action Fleet sets, so some of thjose are harder to find and buy nowadays if you're after a complete set.

A friend of mine also recently put together a really handy set of reference PDFs that have, as far as I am aware, all of the minis made (including AF pack-ins) in them as one big long checklist. I now use these lists as my MM collection bible. I'd be happy to e-mail those to anyone who wants them. Just flick me a PM with your e-mail addy. Just FYI, because of all the pictures the largest one is 9MB so your inbox would have to be able to handle that size of file.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

We've still got a bunch stored away that aren't yet mounted in display cases. There are some doubles in there, IIRC...will have to try and remember where they are stored to check.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

PS: sounds like we might need a Micro Machine appreciation thread of some sort :)